Please don't ruin Sunwell like you ruined Tier 5

Please don’t do this ridiculous nerf nonsense to Sunwell. It’s the literal worst. Thanks. <3

11 Likes

Once they do, it’s just the signal to cancel my subscription.

they’ll give us time to do pre nerf then probably ship the post nerf right before wotlk prepatch. Nothing wrong with that.

9 Likes

They will because they will be bleeding subs like they did when players couldn’t handle the logistics of SSC and TK. From what i hear Hyjal and BT are even more time consuming. People are going to flip their lids. Even now, a lot of guilds can’t 1 night clear TK and SSC in 3 hours. How far do you think they’ll get in the next phase?

1 Like

Sunwell should be pretty close to how it was for the vast majority of guilds that cleared it back in the day. I’d expect it to be nerfed (or soft nerfed) with the WotlK pre-patch. Given that the TBC pre-patch was super short, that probably won’t be a big deal if they do something similar for wrath.

That’s not why they’re bleeding subs. They’re bleeding subs for several reasons and it’s really very little to do with raid difficulty. Here are those reasons.

1. lack of quality of life improvements. dual spec, legitimized gold buying, a good group finder, appropriate honor gains, server health management.
  2. The games old. People know what’s in store for them and there isn’t really all that much thrilling content if you’ve played the game a long time.
  3. Too slow to make appropriate changes when a problem does arise.
  4. PVP changes nobody asked for.
  5. Lack of ethics in the work place.

I could go on, but you get the point.

13 Likes

Umm yeah sure. Ok :roll_eyes:

I will tell you right now it will be nerfed upon approach to a Wrath Classic announcement.

If they do, It’d be cause it was in the original release. It only depends how soon they nerf it.

Yeah I know they nerfed it eventually, but SSC/TK have been in a gross state since the nerfs, I’m done once they do that to Sunwell.

Translation: Raiding is only fun to me as long as other people aren’t killing bosses.

9 Likes

Wrong, but you often are.

“Raiding is only fun if its not braindead easy.”

5 Likes

Yeah ok that isnt highly subjective at all.

1 Like

If you cannot tell the difference between entertaining and ‘this is a waste of my time’ aka SSC/TK pre vs post nerf, thats on you.

2 Likes

It has literally nothing to do with that, but ok…

And many of us feel that the nerfed-to-the-ground current tier is an absolute snoozefest that makes logging on for raid more of a chore than something we actually enjoy.

2 Likes

Just do it like you did this tier. It can be hard and challenging for several months. The good guilds will thrive and be rewarded, the middle of the road ones will struggle. Then nerf it so everyone can get their crap and have fun

1 Like

you’ll quit by then anyway

3 Likes

This is fine and I actually advocate for this.

I don’t want a repeat of tier 5 where it gets eviscerated to make people feel better.

Like it matters?

A significant portion of the playerbase will quit the second they down KJ. Sure some will continue but the gear is worthless going into WOTLK so there is zero point in grinding it out for 6 months.

wrong like AQ40/naxx and some BWL gear the SWP gear will not be replaced leveling and you can clear Naxx/OS/EoE with SWP gear

2 Likes