Please dont change Temporal Anomaly

It doesn’t invalidate. It’s just an alternative playstyle.

Essence goes to Disintegrate for more TA spam instead of echoes.

1 Like

It does invalidate because TA doles out echoes for “free.”

1 Like

It’s literally an alternative my dude. And those echoes are half value and sometimes a full value echo is needed, or you dont have Hover to get a TA cast off.

You can say that about any alternative build or playstyle. This is a GOOD thing not a bad thing.

But it doesn’t have to give out echoes to fulfill its function.

Yes… it does…

2 Likes

M+ pug healing on an evoker is already enough of a nightmare. There is no scenario other than pure melee groups where this is going to be used in M+.

Too much mana for a spell that will inevitably miss half your group because affixes or mechanics requiring spreading. And a waste of cast time and GCD compared to other spells either guaranteed to hit like spiritbloom or easier to hit with like breath and blossoms.

They are nerfing it for raids, where it will still be useful, but in M+ this is now a dead ability outside of very well coordinated groups.

I mean I pug when i have too, but who doesn’t prefer smooth coordinated groups? I am learning still prevoker and to heal Mythic +'s in a pug would scar me.

So far im just breaking into 10s as dps, but something like Ruby or NO…I have no clue how they do it. Thats A metric Ton of Damage.

Watched a vid of someone healing with anomaly old version and it looked smart, he spent most of the time just DPS’ing. Kinda made it all look easy?

Not true, you throw it at the tank and it helps you focus on the DPS to heal. I mean tanks are healing themselves quite well and giving a buffer just makes a lot of them godly.

Yeah I was falling way behind in healing until I discovered Temporaral Anomaly and now I can actually do what I’m supposed to do healing wise. Plus it’s super fun. I was just telling someone how happy I was to be back playing WOW because I had never enjoyed healing so much. Evoker was the first time I really enjoyed healing. If they make these changes, I will probably cancel my sub and never come back. I was just about done but they really have a good thing going with preservation. Not sure why the nerf… We have no range as it is it’s pretty challenging. I have to have 2x hover and most of the talents for mobility and speed just to get around to heal everyone.

7 Likes

Why would they do this to their flagship class? …

1 Like

I mean, they already permanently gimped us with a 25 yard range in the name of being “unique” for…some reason. What’s one more kneecapping going to do at this point? Just take away the cool spells, I was honestly having too much fun despite the range issues. I needed a breather. -_-

3 Likes

If you think TA invalidates echo you’re not playing right. Specially in raids.

3 Likes

18750 mana is not free bud.

3 Likes

Why would you push Echo in raids?

Sometimes you want to verdant 2 people not 1 so you can pop a echo before.

Mostly I use blossom for my essence spenders but I echo occasionally

105% > 45% if I’m not mistaken.

You still cast echo in PvP and 5 mans even when speced into TA.

The problem with the TA changes is they don’t seem to understand content other than raids matter as well.

The new TA is trash for 5 mans unless you have all melee DPS.

The new TA also is less useful in various forms of PvP.

You might want a bigger duplicated HoT on a tank or something, but if you’re raid healing you’re essentially asking why you aren’t using a single target spell for AoE healing, which is a silly question to ask.

Holy priests speced mostly into AoE talents don’t mash single target heals in raids either.

1 Like

I was pretty upset seeing the changes as well. I’ve been healing without TA in preparation of the changes and I am just not having as much fun.

4 Likes

if ive come to know one thing from this forum over the past month of it being active… Certain Warlocks are afraid to show their mains. and when called out on their proposed changes to a class they really have not sat around and played with, it tends to be that guy.

Basically, take everything he says with a grain of salt, because he does no research into what he wants to be put into the game and has gone from 700 posts to 2500 posts in the past 3weeks… just spamming literal trash on the evoker forum. Suggest report him for troll and move on

I think most people are missing the main nerf.

Before it was “pulsing”, meaning that it had an hit box larger than the sphere and was applying shield and echo to people around.

Now it’s not pulsing anymore, the sphere as to physically touch someone to apply it. Most cast, even in raids, will not touch anyone because the sphere is too small and people are constantly moving.

If it stayed there for 10 seconds and people could run through it while its stationnary it would be one thing, but now its completely useless because the effect has no impact on the bottomline, it just won’t hit anyone ever.

You’re misinterpreting the pulsing bit.

Its radius wasn’t nerfed. Pulsing just means that every 2 seconds it would do its thing again.

Now, instead of reapplying the buff every 2 seconds, it just instantly applies to everybody it passes by in the same radius as before, and it’s actually more likely it’ll hit more people because it won’t slow down as soon as it touches somebody.

The biggest nerf about this is the cooldown increase, really. No blanketing the raid with echo and having a huge dream breath.