Please do something about Sanguine/Motherlode

Couldn’t even finish my 15 motherlode today…our group got so tilted from wiping to pulling extra things because Sanguine is too big and the dungeon is very congested.

Can we scale Sanguine’s size based on mob size so small mobs like the rats don’t drop huge damn puddles with nowhere to go

or blizz could change it so sanguine pools don’t last 10 years each

4 Likes

Sanguine lasts too long , I agree. Also it ticks way too fast , as a melee you have to react so fast to a death in a large pack which can be very hard to see. Nearly impossible to get out quick enough without it hitting you. Even one tick hurts like hell. Really nasty when paired with Grevious.

Pull the dungeon differently. If u look at the expert route on raiderio this week that opens up a lot of space for sanguine pools.

I agree you that it sucks but there are things you can do to solve this issue. Blizzard aint gonna nerf it.

3 Likes

Literally every single week someone posts about [weekly affix] being terrible with [X dungeon]

Learn to play

3 Likes

ya for sure, i’ve seen plenty of threads complaining about raging and volcanic relative to other affixes /s

Fortified is always terrible with Motherlode. Success rates in the low teens/single digits every time it’s Fortified. It’s clearly the outlier dungeon now that Shrine and King’s Rest have been fixed.

Fort/Sang: 11%
Fort/Teeming/Quaking: 8%
Fort/Bolstering: 1%

This isn’t a learn to play issue. The dungeon is clearly and obviously much harder than all the others on fortified.

3 Likes

THis week is actually probably the worst combination you can get. Fort, Sanguine, Tyrna, Griev…

Its absolute hell.

That’s the point, dude. Do other dungeons until next week.

Intentionally developing your game so that segments of it are regularly unenjoyable is the kind of perverse, illogical decision that game developers think must be clever because they’re “professionals,” right.

Not only does it have a substantial, negative impact on the largest segment of the playerbase - that is, players running keys between levels 3 to 15- but it’s not even bringing the top level players any real sense of accomplishment, as they’re struggling equally or more, to complete keys on time.

The biggest reason that this circumstance is unacceptable is that players have no agency over the key that they receive. Getting a MOTHERLODE!! key from completing a dungeon is putting a near-dead-end on a players advancement, and subsequently their sense of fun.

The biggest reason that this circumstance is unacceptable is that players have no agency over the key that they receive. Getting a MOTHERLODE!! key from completing a dungeon is putting a near-dead-end on a players advancement, and subsequently their sense of fun.

I posted that twice so you can think twice about your lame retorts of getting better.

I can’t tell you the success rate at the keys you seem to favor, around the +11 mark, but I can tell that at +13 there is a 17% success rate in ML this week. That means for most players that a ML key is essentially a roadblock that you are FORCED, with zero alternative regarding that key specifically, to either push through obnoxious, unfun content with a 83% likelihood it will reset in a setback in your key progression when your key depletes, or you can call it dead and sit on it until the next reset.

In my opinion this problem goes WELL beyond L2P and it’s very definitely not clever “professional” quality game design. It’s nothing more than a way to upset players with little-to-no upside.

1 Like

Sanguine is severly over tuned.

The pools are to large
They deal damage to fast and to much
They also do way to much healing
AND they last too freaking long.

2 Likes

I would personally say Waycrest would be a larger issue than ML

Waycrest is annoying because of the tight spaces. The issue with ML specifically is that the trash is packed so tightly that you’ve frequently got the situation where you have to choose between running through sanguine or proximity pulling nearby packs.

Ahhh i got you cause waycrest you dont get to pick lol.

Sanguine is a tank positioning check for sure. However, a really good tank can make sure the blood pools never completely block off the path for the rest of the groups, and there are always mobs to kill out of the blood pools. I’ve seen more trouble from Grievous than Sanguine this week, though the combination of the two is definitely an issue too.

The general solution to Sanguine should be to pull the trash into larger open areas to kill them. In Waycrest, pull them back into rooms; in Motherlode, pull them back to the last boss’s area or back to the large open area at the beginning. Yes the tank spends more time running back and forth, but you lose less time that way than you do from wipes.

I get that that extra time may be too much in high keys, but that’s why they’re high keys - they’re supposed to be more difficult. Use strats like bringing a hunter for misdirect to save 100 yards of running per pull.

I think your earlier comment that it’s Fortified that is a problem in Motherlode is likely valid, though. Presumably that means Tyrannical should be less of an issue there than perhaps in some other dungeons?

Part of the reason Sanguine is more punishing in ML is the nature of the mobs. There are awkward groups with non-elites that surround multiple casters. To further complicate things, many of those casters chain cast multiple spells, meaning that they will not move far, or at all when interrupted. Some mobs later in the dungeon cannot be stunned or displaced. One bad, or unlucky Sanguine puddle and you lose a lot of time waiting for the situation to correct itself.

1 Like

Casters pull when you get out of their range.

I think certain dungeons are worse with certain affixes for sure. Motherload with a sanguine is rough, and so is Waycrest, and tol, and shrine before the fix with neutrals. Is it overturned? No.
You have plenty of time to react and pull mobs out as a tank. It expands… doesn’t just plop down. And other classes should really be helping with it. Druids can push. Monks can ring. Dks can grip. And hunters can explosive. Groups just need to learn how to play into it, and tanks learn how to preplan the drops.

1 Like

Running 40 yards to move a mob 2 yards is not a strategy that will get you were you want to be. Regardless, Sanguine doesn’t have a grace period. Even with the tightest of coordination it’s possible to drop a puddle under a mech and if it decides to cast, boom, it’s full health, gg.

When players give glib, throwaway retorts like this it’s often a sign of limited experience. I don’t know if you have other toons, but what I can tell from your IO page suggests you don’t have a dog in this fight. Feel free to prove me wrong and then offer something more substantial. Given that your post count exceeds your achievement points I’m not gonna hold my breath.

3 Likes

I think you’re points are solid up to the last one, which is part of the reason ML doesn’t mesh well with Sanguine. There are many mobs that are immune to CC or interrupts and more than any other affix, Sanguine makes the use of stuns a risky proposition. That’s a significant problem in a dungeon that is very clearly designed to be all about the trash. The bosses are mostly throwaway, with the rock boss being the most boring fight in the history of the game.

There was clearly a conflict between the meta design for this dungeon and the way it interacts with certain affixes. At +18 and above there were 74 keys completed in time. 74. For WM, which has been mentioned as another difficult key on Sanguine, there were 658 successful runs at +18 or higher. I pick these keys because these are the players aren’t scuffing keys because they don’t have the wherewithal to play around this affix.

In my opinion, that’s not a valuable disparity in success between dungeons. The difference in difficulty should be centered around how the dungeon is approached. Some dungeons are more single target, some are aoe heavy, some need delicate pulls and some require brute force. The difference shouldn’t be, “this dungeon turns in a cancerous hellhole because it interacts so poorly with a single affix.”

2 Likes