Please Do Not Make Prominent Alliance Characters Forsaken

Calia taking over leadership basically means that Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken, it’s about as clear cut as that. There’s no wiggle room, no loopholes, she’s the rightful heir to the throne and if she points to the crowd of undead and says ‘those are my people’, guess what? They are her people.

Blizzard is going balls to the wall to keep the Horde from ever getting comeuppance without the aggressor looking villainous, Calia is one of those methods. Honestly, I don’t think it will be as bad as people claim, but as a night elf fan, I’m prepared to be proven wrong.

How do you justify still calling them Forsaken then? Like seriously? Please explain. If anything they should be called Lordaeron again, now that they are no longer being forsaken by their leaders

Because it’s their name.

1 Like

UH no, it is what SYLVANSAS called them. BECAUSE they were forsaken by Arthas who was supposed to be their king. If a menethil rules them, they are by definition, no longer forsaken

What crimes did he commit in the Third War? He was behind a wall, and his inaction caused a civil war.

1 Like

Do not think he committed any crimes per-say. He did show a profound lack of empathy for his former allies certainly when he refused to open his gates to them when Arthas went bad… but that is not illegal really. Just a real jerk move that likely spared his people from the Plague.

arthas,

Was not Alliance following the end of Mission 9 in Scourge of Lordaeron.

garithos

Yes. He was supported by the Alliance. Technically he was part of it since he was essentially the “ruler” (in an unofficial capacity) of Lordaeron (the nation, not the land).

greymane

I’m unfamiliar with these crimes, but no. Gilneas left the Alliance following WC2 and only rejoined during Cataclysm. His crimes in between that period would be his own, not the Alliance’s.

The Alliance have been acknowledged multiple times as having Lordaeron citizens still living with them that I don’t see how it’s all that much hilarious.

And saying Alliance can claim Lordaeron legitimately doesn’t mean Forsaken don’t have a claim to it either, just that both factions have a legitimate claim and whoever can hold the territory is who it truly belongs to.

1 Like

Actually it does make sense. Derek Proudmoore will most likely never be accepted back into Kul Tiran society. Callia Menethil’s true home is Lordaeron.

I do think however that the new Forsaken leader should be someone other than these two, but I see it being pushed to Menethil from the dialogue we’ve been given.

regardless of this, it makes Zero sense for them to be called the forsaken, that was always sylvanas’s term, she named them that, it should be retired with the return of a true lordaeronian leader

The Forsaken’s name for themselves is not singularly defined by any one reason. There’s a industrial grade laundry list for why they (Sylvanas included) felt plenty forsook. Notably, Sylvanas has nothing to do with Arthas’ heritage and his business in having been a former heir to Lordaeron.

5 Likes

LOL what are you on man. Sylvanas named them. Yes she did 100% in WC3

Sylvanas named them, yes. That literally contradicts 0% of my point.

That Sylvanas is gone doesn’t mean that suddenly the whole faction is completely unattached to the name. Besides having run with it for more than 10 or so years, do they suddenly have nothing to be gloomy about with being walking talking cadavers?

Edit: I would like to point out the irony of me, a Forsaken player, being told the backstory and history of my race, the Forsaken. I feel like I’m being mansplained to by a gnome.

…Gnomesplaining.

9 Likes

And yeah, if you don’t, know your own history, I will happily educate the ignorant

Dude, you are not understanding the why they were named forsaken. They were named forsaken because they were abandoned by their own people. Now reviled by the very humans they once were, Sylvanas named them the forsaken and vowed to destroy any who would oppose them. Really she did this just for her own power in her quest for revenge after betraying the allies who helped her reclaim lordaeron

I don’t give two poops about Lordaeron. I also don’t want deaders joining the Alliance.

3 Likes

Ok. You don’t understand the name Forsaken. Gotcha. It’s WAAAAYYYY more than that. Forsaken by their Heir-Prince. Forsaken by the Light and their religion. Forsaken by their family, their friends, their loved one. Forsaken by any nation that designed themselves as their allies, but let them getting shred, ripped, butchered.

9 Likes

um their heir-prince was arthas, so I think i do understand. point is, they are no longer forsaken. incase you hadn’t realized, and those undead that were there at wc3 arent, and the undead made after wc3 never were, so I think its time to retire the witch queens name for lodaeronians

…Hold on. “Abandoned by their own people?” This did not happen by the time Sylvanas named them. This would be a reason for those who did not yet join up with Sylvanas’ main group and attempted to rejoin the living to gravitate towards the name upon the Frankenstein levels of rejection.

But Sylvanas’ first contact with the living involved a temporary alliance with Garithos and then backstabbing him when he outlived his usefulness. Gleefully.

This is the problem with Gnomesplaining. You don’t know the history as well as you think you do. Incidentally, I feel like I might need to explain to you that Garithos was not elvish, so even if you might argue his bigotry towards the undead constitutes the Forsaken being forsook by their living people, Sylvanas had no contact with Quel’thalas and thus has no such rejection.

In fact, by the time she did make direct overtures to contact them, they were receptive, and it resulted in them joining the Horde.

Where are these citizens who claim Lordaeron? Turalyon?

The Alliance doesn’t have a claim because the Forsaken are the ones with the claim. Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken and whichever faction the Forsaken choose to align with are the ones with the claim.

So the Forsaken have a legitimate claim to Gilneas because they took it?

2 Likes

This description of the deaders kind of falls apart when you know the first thing they did after reclaiming Lordaeron was turning on the people that helped them reclaim it in the first place.

The world didn’t forsake them. They forsake the world.

1 Like