Please do NOT change Survival to ranged (+ tuning suggestion)

You have to know how low-effort this comes across.

7 Likes

Why don’t you go play outlaw!?! It even has a harpoon style ability. Maybe you can convince rouges they need a ranged gun slinger spec? Well we are at it. Let’s make all rouge specs ranged and all hunter specs melee. We could have rouge with dots. Rouge with heavy sniper style shots and rouge who commands pets from safety as they rip his enemy apart. Then we could just call it hunter. I mean I don’t care if MSV is a thing. I just want RSV back. If I felt MM was the same. I would as you say just play MM.

I mean, I’m fine with you keeping this spec and getting it renamed tbh. I still want ranged survival back and considering it made no sense for it to still be called survival (imo I know it’s subjective so it’s fine if you disagree) after the rework.

I think this course would make the most amount of hunter players happy. Thoughts?

I believe the naming concept was the idea of a rambo/snake/etc type character, a half-wild snake-eating jungle scrapper that appears like a tornado and vanishes just as quickly (and with just as much destruction). “Survival” comes from being at home in the wilderness, knowing how to use the tools of nature to your advantage (Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Wyvern Sting), knowing how to improvise incredibly lethal devices (Explosive Shot, traps), just generally kinda being the “whatever it takes” camo’d face in the trees type of terror.

1 Like

They weren’t similar at all

2 Likes

Yeah and some of us dont like having our specs being deleted from the game in favour of some niche melee bs that only a handful are gonna play

3 Likes

RSV was better in all aspects than MSV. I played RSV until it went melee and then I moved to mage.
The best time for RSV was wrath, having 100% crit and watching explosive shot just decimate my opponents was amazing.
I think MSV is cool in its own terms, but will never be as enjoyable as RSV. It needs it’s own spec. I would significantly think about returning to maining a hunter if they make RSV and MSV their own specs.

As of right meow, no thanks. SL is not very melee friendly, MSV doesn’t bring any unique utility, and even with the buffs will only fall about mid-pact. I would really have to see some major changes to MSV for me to consider it.

3 Likes

This isn’t even remotely true. They both played very differently

No we don’t, MM doesn’t play how RSV used to.

5 Likes

Just play MM. Tada

Its more or less the same spec. All hunter specs were over the border the same. Its good MSV is a thing now.

It’s not.

5 Likes

Again, as someone who used to play ranged survival, its not more or less the same, not even close.

5 Likes

Please don’t feed the blatantly obvious -1/10 effort troll…

Seriously, just ignore him. Taking the bait and responding just validates his actions, gives them a veneer of legitimacy in that they deserve a response, and encourages him to keep posting stuff like that just for the giggles of inciting flamewars.

5 Likes

Also reduce carve’s cd and make it interact with latent poison. And remove the talent that just increases wildfire infusions impact dmg by 100%, thats a dumb talent and should be baseline.

I also played Survival as its always been my favorite spec since i first started playing. Its just boom boom MM

i haven’t played my hunter since legion. bring back ranged SV!

4 Likes

That’s why legion is the worst expansion in my book. It destroyed my favorite spec.

7 Likes

Same boat.

5 Likes

Agreed on the legion point. Which is to bad because there were some really cool dungeons raids and zones in legion. Would love it if they brought back RSV. I would level a third hunter just to play legion as RSV. For now ill stick with MoP. All my best wow memories come from MoP and Burning Crusade.

2 Likes