Please do NOT add tbc to classic..make TBC its own servers

Not transfer, COPY

2 Likes

Yes you should.

You didn’t get the option the last time, you shouldn’t get it this time.

Sorry, you don’t get to be a fence sitter.

If you want to go back and play Classic again, roll a new avatar.

Why? So you don’t have people storing up TONS of gold and items to transfer to TBC and then going back to Classic and having the same stuff. That would hurt BOTH economies in the long run.

I’m pretty sure you’re wrong, there seems to be a huge part of the population that actually wants to move to TBC.

You’re right that Classic would probably take a hit, but it would probably be a well-deserved hit because obviously people were just playing Classic waiting for TBC.

I’m waiting for both TBC AND Wrath, and I hope they eventually take it that far.

11 Likes

I think transfers would be better, but copies would be fine. Rolling all servers to TBC just NO.

Your point is irrelevant

We have classic wow, which completely invalidates the "you didn’t have a choice " argument

Blizzard has the ability to keep the games as separate clients, they already are with retail and classic

A good way to piss off the playerbase is to FORCE them out of the vanilla servers they finally got after over a decade

Theres no reason why they couldn’t just let you keep a copy of your character on the classic server to continue playing vanilla if you want instead of forcing you to pick ONLY tbc or classic

4 Likes

That’s nonsense. Refute my argument (you can’t) or go away now.

No one will be forced. You get the option to transfer. This is nonsense again.

Which is why they can separate Classic from TBC from Wrath. No one has disputed this , so it’s a moot point.

Your account won’t be locked out of Classic.

Again, utter nonsense.

This isn’t a PTR server, you shouldn’t get a copy. Transfer or don’t. Up to you. You can always reroll on TBC as well.

6 Likes

They can leave classic alone as is as long as I can copy my lvl 60 (well when he is lvl 60) over to TBC client cause screw lvln 1-70. If they won’t do that TBC would be dead to me.

TBC won’t release with transfered characters on a new server that would grant Blizzard less money, people would start complaining sooner that they have nothing to do etc.

Only this two options exist:

-They upgrade Classic
-They open new TBC server where you have to level from 1

The second is the best option for Blizzard in terms of revenue and is also best for the players since there is a lot of people with crazy amounts of gold right now, tons of alts and there were a lot of bug or exploit abusers I would not like to play on a server where someone transfered their characters with dirty money/items etc. It is healthier overal to start from 0 and Blizzard will go that way for the $$. Also, there is the fact that by Blizzard supporting new servers for each expansion they will completely kill the private server parade. I want them so bad to release Lich King just so Warmane dies.

2 Likes

So if they separate all the different versions of the game…then WHY cant they just let you keep a copy of your character on each of those servers?

It makes ZERO sense to make people delete all their effort in the "frozen in time " legacy servers if they transfer that character to a completely different client

I just spent over a year building this character up in VANILLA. If i have to delete this character in classic in order to play it in tbc then im just not going to do it, I’ll either skip on playing tbc or play a brand new character from level 1, im not going to erase all the effort i spend getting this character full BIS pve/pvp geared for vanilla, thats one of the main reasons i love classic compared to retail, my effort in classic isn’t erased after each content patch

But blizzard shouldn’t be forcing players to make compromises like that, it does no good for the game to do that and if anything just makes people less likely to keep playing

1 Like

Nope. Just copy the servers. That’s the only way. Fresh servers will be overwhelmed with blood elves. The other way is just too much “stuff.”

Simple: Server (Classic) and Server (TBC)

Allows the museum and the progression.

2 Likes

Nah, i think the best is to create new servers for tbc that will allow people to copy their characters over to them before release kind of like the name reserve thing

This will also allow blizzard to better balance player populations between servers. They can put a limit on the servers and make people spread out, but people can still organize to play on the same server

:+1:
It would also remove much of the chance of shuffling gold around to exploit transferred funds.

But I would still prefer that they open the servers to new characters only for 3 weeks, give or take, so that new characters of space goats and horde elves are not simply boosted. THEN open transfers to it.

See, I don’t think there are enough people who are adamant about not moving forward for more than a handful of vanilla servers to survive in each region.

Which is absolutely fine. A full server is a full server. I could give a rat’s caboose how many other servers there are that I am not personally playing on.

Option 1
Or Blizzard can simply dupe the realms so there is a Kurinnaxx Classic and a Kurinnaxx TBC

Then you have both and no worries about loss of community because everyone has the opportunity for both and can play what they like.

Option 2
Blizzard can provide copy to Classic option only for characters created before 2.0 to Classic realms that are effectively fresh new servers for those that want to stay on classic wow. This again will allow players the option to play both, but this option may be slightly better in that it consolidates the classic wow community for Vanilla in a more tightly populated community more like early classic launch.

In addition any character that plays more that 5 /played hours post 2.0 transfer option will no longer be eligible for transfer because the changes in how quickly a character can level under the 2.4 system would become exploited. Furthermore items not part of the “1.x database would not transfer from a 2.x realm”

2 Likes

Those options are pretty good

I slightly modified the second to stipulate that characters made before 2.0 would only be eligible, and how that eligibility could also be forfeit to prevent exploitation.

if you dont let people bring their characters AND gold…you will lose a large portion of players…and blizzard will lose piles of $$

4 Likes

I agree with your first sentence however the implementation should be that those players that want to stay with classic WoW without the Burning Crusade should be moved to another server. All existing servers should progress to the Burning Crusade simply because more players will want to progress than stay behind.

5 Likes

Also not allowing players to migrate to TBC as in original TBC will result in a private server situation where everyone and I mean everyone is horde. Like 99:1 horde.

Not kidding, it’s every single TBC private server ever, and it’s because the horde combat racials are just flat better for raiding.

The only way to fix it is allow for migration of classic characters or 100% eliminate combat influencing racial abilities.

I will happily accept either solution.

1 Like

Sorry, no.

No limitations, all servers immediately become TBC Servers - Direct Rollout.

Then you open 4 Brand New Perma-Vanilla Servers - PvP, PVE, RPPvP, RPPvE, and offer free transfers for all pre-existing characters on all servers to any of these new servers for a few months. Also no limitations on transfers into these realms - if you had it before, you keep it now.

That solves every problem except name reservations, and there are ways around that.

Stop asking that those of us who work hard for what we have should give it up. No new characters, no giving up items or gold - direct rollout, with an optional, totally free out for 1 of 4 server types for those few who actually do want perma-vanilla.

10 Likes