PLEASE consolidate TBC Classic into one or two servers

I understand that WoW classic is more difficult than retail, but PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE POPULATIONS ON SERVERS!
CONSOLIDATE the SoM servers PLEASE.
Really? There have been 3 different items on the AH in the past WEEK and there are TEN players on this realm now.
This is not “playing”; it’s like our current RL financial and political situation!
With this realm I am not able to take advantage of all the WoW Classic opportunities. ZERO AH, ZERO DUNGEONS, ZERO TEAMING WITH OTHER PLAYERS.
Screwed without a kiss.

7 Likes

I agree, there are just way too many servers. I would honestly condense all of them down into a single server, or MAYBE two (one PvE, one PvP) for Vanilla and TBC, same probably for Season of Mastery.

Wrath is obviously going to be HUGELY popular, so go ahead and move all of the other servers forward to Wrath. But I’m sure after a few months, it’ll be the same there, where condensing things down to a couple of servers would really do a lot of good.

7 Likes

NINE players on the server now.
Blizzard, or should I say no-help-Microsoft, are you going to do anything about this?

3 Likes

Too soon, Executus.

3 Likes

(shameless plug; if you guys agree with the vid, maybe throw it a quick “Like”? :D)

But yeah, I think if you just had like ONE Vanilla server, and ONE TBC server, I think you’d see nice even populations there, enough that if someone WANTED to play those expansions, you could still organize content there.

6 Likes

They are organizing in Classic Era and people are playing. I’m sure they’d love more.

Maybe if you didn’t activate your clone in Era and moved on to TBCC, consider giving Era another chance since it is not progressing further. If you are interested, get on it quickly as the unactivated clones in Era are going to be wiped.

Makes me think that Blizz is not only making room for the SoM characters but they are not interested in snapshotting/cloning. Perhaps they will come up with something different.
Maybe a seasonal server for TBC content!

4 Likes

i agree but here is the kicker one server has rdf at launch and one does not.

lets see which server is more populated.

1 Like

And now my first dungeon quest that I cannot do… Thanks for the FULL WOW EXPERIENCE, BLIZZ.

1 Like

Well, the problem is that even if you’re down for “Seasonal” gameplay, it’s still not the AUTHENTIC experience of TBC. And at the end of the day, people have leveled up in Classic and TBC, and it would be messed up to FORCE those TBC characters into Wrath, only to ask players to level ALL NEW characters just to experience TBC yet a third time.

I’m totally on-board with Seasons, in fact I think it’s a super exciting idea. But it’s ultimately a separate experience, and personally I think Blizzard should preserve Vanilla, TBC, and eventually Wrath. Otherwise, they should’ve communicated “hey guys, Classic servers are a limited-time deal”.

6 Likes

I don’t want to be forced to play the latest Classic expansion, as if this was Retail. Every person who wants to play Classic should be able to play that era and not be forced to play the latest.

This is supposed to be Classic - not Retail.

15 Likes

So my only concern with bundling the servers together is this:

How exactly are you going to do this without screwing over possible server populations? For example, we had realms that had login queues throughout Vanilla WoW pretty consistently. We know that most people moved on to TBCC, but what if we all just randomly decided to come back to Vanilla WoW one day? What would that look like for the server? Nobody would be able to play or login if there was a massive resurgence in popularity.
I know it’s not likely that would ever even happen, but it would suck if everybody was condensed onto just a few servers. How would you handle people losing names? There’s a lot of problems with just merging everything together.

I agree that TBCC should stay just like Classic Era has stayed. It keeps a museum of the game as it was and it allows you to go back in time to view your characters as they were then if you feel like it.

I think people playing Classic servers would more than likely be ECSTATIC to have to deal with occasional login queues, if the population was really that large. Realistically, past expansions are simply NEVER going to see a “random flood of players”. Future Seasons of Mastery? Absolutely possible, but like I said, that’s really kind of a separate issue, because those would be separate servers.

I truly believe that just two servers (one PvE, one PvP) would be ideal. Blizzard most certainly has the resources to preserve that, and like I said, for those people who DID want to actually play THOSE expansions, it would be great.

Because again, the whole reason people were pumped for Classic to begin with, was so they could play THEIR favorite expansion. FORCING players to move on is just completely missing the point.

5 Likes

the populations are low that many people wont prob come back, if that does happen one day they could just open a new server and have free transfers to it that would be the easiest way of doing it.

Yeah no I know that the people probably won’t, but like… assume literally everybody on the planet copied their character to the server once TBCC happened. How do you deal with that exactly? Like just in theory. I know I copied my warrior over despite the fact that I’ve never logged in to Classic Era ONCE.

So what do you do if magically everybody comes back and wants to play their mains? How would you make that work?

The ‘unlock’ cloning service is being discontinued on july 26th. All unclaimed clones still locked on Era will be deleted and toons that haven’t decided either Era or Progression server will be automatically placed in tbcc/wotlkc. Perhaps after all the deserted clones are deleted, Bliz can further consolidate the Era realms.

I’m far more likely to report your post for spam.

Advertising is a nono.

1 Like

On Thunderfury I have 2 70 characters and a bunch more 60+ but I’m the only one on that server so I don’t play :frowning:

I took a long break for a 8 months and I returned to a dead server

his video was very good and true

1 Like

That’s nice.
But it wouldn’t matter if he offered a free sparkle pony to watch it - oh wait it would because it’s advertising. Just like Glinda pointed out.

But enjoy the video. Y’all can agree on his opinions. Others won’t.

1 Like

Cool story, brah.