Please Blizzard use item level brackets in random bgs

I’m trying to have fun in pvp. I’m reeeally trying to enjoy it but it’s just so frustrating when your team has super low ilvl players and the other team just spawn camps you because they have just a few maxed out ilvl players.

I don’t want to do ranked for fun. because it’s not fun to me. I don’t enjoy “try harding” this game and I don’t have enough friends to make a team to just do it casually.

There are plenty of people that play this game to fill all the brackets and if there isn’t then use a system that lower or raises some players pvp ilvl to fill in empty spots.

The Ilvl brackets could be every 10 Ilvls for example. Going into a bg with all players between ilvl 290-300 would absolutely be more fun then one team having all 300+ and the other having most of them under 250 and getting stomped into the ground.

“Just let them win and go to the next one” Sound familiar?! I’m tired of seeing this every 4 out of 5 BGs. The pvp gear has been normalized WHY NOT Equalize pvp Ilvls?!!!?

If you want to stomp people with lower gear score than you, there’s the open world for that. They sign up for it too by enabling war mode.

5 Likes

In less than 24 hours this shouldn’t even be needed.
We are on the eve of Dragonflight, there will be easy access to viable entry level PVP crafted BOE’s+. There will also be two basic sets for PVP (Honor/Conquest) which are quite reasonable between them in item levels.

1 Like

just give every1 same ilvl

that way its actualy player vs player and not gear vs gear.

they equalize gear in the AWC… why? they should make it more realistic and have 1 team have a 30 ilvl disadvantage and see how garbage and boring the games would be.

4 Likes

Nope that is what BGs have always been for. The whole point of getting BiS is to own up BGs all day. It was like that since day 1 in Vanilla.

What I would do then is Twink to get around it. I’d use 300+ items in certain slots then lower level items to fit into a lower level item bracket. Which could be fun. Giving me a desired result where I maintain a gear advantage.

This is a gear based game and the whole point is to gain an advantage over your enemy wherever you can. That is what makes RPG PvP better than other games where gear doesn’t matter.

Time for you to find a new game then

1 Like

It all really depends on your perspective. Some folks like to win because of “whatever” and others like a challenge and to have it based on either their skill or environment awareness.

The gear edge is fine as long as it’s not everything. DF should fix that and make playing PVP of your choice a bit more less RNG based on how geared your team is and as indicated, if you want to feel great about yourself outside of outgearing someone, then you can do so in other environments.

That is what Rated RBGs are for. It literally already exist where you can create a team that is geared enough and ready to compete against other geared teams.

So you have what you want already just get a team together and Que for Rated BGs.

BGs is a place where you gear up and also where you go to farm people gearing up. That is why BGs have always been popular because it’s the END GAME. Once we have BiS gear that is when BGs are fun to dominate your opponents. That is the whole point of gear based games.

That is why Templates failed and were removed because as Ion said they removed the RPG aspect of the game (gear). There is no point in playing this game if gear doesn’t matter. It’s why we log in.

So I ask to stop trying to change the core aspect of this game into something it’s not!!! It didn’t work when it was attempted last time and it won’t work again!!! If you don’t like having a gear advantage you are playing the wrong game.

The majority have spoken… stop trying to create this weird game in WoW that shouldn’t happen.

Thank goodness the majority of folks don’t enjoy simply winning by default like you do :slight_smile:

Who said gear “shouldn’t” matter? I said it shouldn’t be the only determining factor. Projection much?

Which majority? You are typing like DF isn’t happening lol. Now, now you will adapt :slight_smile:

Sure they do. That is why Templates were removed. The majority has spoken and Ion said Templates were a massive mistake. They aren’t coming back and we should stop trying to soft implement them into a game that is based on gear progression.

We are all Twinks. Whether you Twink at low level or max level the point of the game is to Twink your character. So enjoy.

BGs will always be a place to go to have fun stomping your opponent. It’s been that way since day 1 and is the point of doing BGs. If you want competitive BGs then do Rated.

Why do you think everything is allowed in BGs? Buffs, Potions, Flasks etc… it’s cause it’s supposed to be lopsided WILD fun. It’s not supposed to be balanced.

Are you talking to someone else? I never talked about wanting templates back lol.

In fact, I would prefer that they wouldn’t come back however I do support the gear set thing coming in with DF. (Which is what I thought we were discussing since it’s actually relevant lol.)

There definitely should be some sort of gear threshold that you can’t go below with also some perks/bonus for those that play well and more and work towards things.

I will never feel “great” about beating up on folks that I win against by gear alone, but I understand that there are some (such as yourself.) that do and that’s a fair perspective.

Yes you have.

That is a template. What you are asking for are Templates. :rofl: :man_facepalming:

Well the majority of players in BGs disagree. It’s like you don’t get what game you are playing. That’s why BGs are ANYTHING goes like I said.

Again if you want competitive PvP just Que for Rated BGs and get a team together. What you are asking for literally exist.

Now you are just making up stuff to suit your flawed narrative.

Can you cite your source for the “majority of players” and why have they decided to go with two sets of gear for PVP if that’s the case :slight_smile: ?

I am not. Also why are you not listening to what has been stated and you trying to deflect. I typed it 3 times. What you want we already have…

So there is literally NO NEED to do anything for regular BGs. Again as I already typed out but you ignored…

Players are going to get 1 shot in BGs it’s not an environment of skill and isn’t intended to be one. That is why RBGs exist.

I can answer the other questions when you at least acknowledge what I’m stating.

You seem confused or are just trolling and ignoring reality.

Enjoy DF bro :slight_smile:

Ahhhh your lack of a response means you have no intention on the discussion and what I said is true and you don’t want to engage further. Got it.

It’s okay at least my point was proven and you decline to go further. Have a good day and just wish you weren’t trying to troll. I tend to weed them out though with actual facts and logic. :smiley:

Not really you are just babbling nonsensically and doing exactly what you are saying I am doing, and I know your history, so this is actually expected. (A generic, unsustained, I won the argument statement that makes zero sense lol.)

You are sheer entertainment so keep it coming if that’s what you enjoy :slight_smile:

Still waiting for your source of “majority of players” and to admit/acknowledge that the game is changing opposite to what you want because you need/desire a massive gear edge of others.

1 Like

So you can’t comprehend the sentences and what I asked you even though they are well thought out and typed several times. You are just avoiding the statements cause they don’t fit your narrative.

I can link the post again if you want to engage in the discussion.

You have no intentions on having a discussion because I’m asking to have one and you have declined!! So yes I did prove my point and won. You were trying to troll instead of discuss the topic in a meaningful way. So have a good day. No need to waste my time if you have no intentions of having a discussion. :rofl:

I love when people try to troll and get backed into a corner. So yummy. nom…nom…nom

Game set match :slight_smile:

You never actually asked any questions bro. You just stated things that made you feel good and never answered my questions to you. (Like, how come it’s happening in DF, where is your source for the majority.)

(Come on that edit’s a mess lol, and I am not the one trolling, that’s just your escape mechanism.)

Just face it, you can’t stand/handle people with opposing viewpoints, so you need to resort to the above nonsense :slight_smile:

Well hopefully DF will make the gear gap less of an issue. Depending on how costly honor gear will be, and with it being just 13 item levels below the best gear, the gap should be slim.

Crafted gear is also only 13 ilvls below honor gear and should be very easy to get as more people hit 70 and level crafting skills. Much better situation than it was in SL, although it’s likely there will still be people that queue up as soon as they hit cap and don’t bother with gear. Should be much better though.

1 Like