Please blizzard, Help Ret Pallies, you're our only hope

So…first off…let me start out by saying, Paladin has been my main since Burning Crusade. I stopped playing the game for a few years after Cata for some personal reasons, and came back to enjoy the fluidity built in to the game overall.

NOW! Sorry, Blizzard…but you guys really need to give some love to Paladins. I love the burst damage that we can put out, but that’s about all we have.

I can’t ever kill a healer…I get kited all over the place, and casters are my bane. My wings get spell-stolen…or I just get CC’d through the entire duration.

We need some sort of a snare or slow that is on less than a 30 sec. cooldown. Or make Hand of Freedom on a 20 second CD. Also, fix World of Glory please.
How is selfless healer supposed to be viable, when I can’t even get to my target to use Templar’s Verdict to build up the stacks of it? If we are sacrificing damage output for healing, it shouldn’t only do 10k more healing than a Flash of Light.

I am really worried about the path that Paladins are going down, but I refuse to stop playing this class. I love the look and feel of them, but you took away our raid wide buffs, you took away our Divine Intervention, for cripe’s sake, we can’t even bubble-hearth anymore.

I refuse to hop on the bandwagon and play a flavor of the month class like a fire mage or a Destro lock.

So please, a little love would be nice. At it’s current state, Ret is not as viable for meta-content like a lot of the other classes. Even getting into a mythic is hard for me because everyone wants every other class as a party member. I can’t succeed in arena without gear, and I can’t get gear because no one wants a Paladin in their group unless we’re a healer or a tank.

I’ve been playing this game since 2005… and I always will, but you guys need to really define this class in it’s role and decide if we’re gonna be a gimped warrior with flashy lights, or if we’re going to be the Vanguards of Retribution like we’re meant to.

2 Likes

Maybe when y’all stop TVing for 120k lol

Just pair up with a class that has a spammable slow and unbound freedom

6 Likes

Didn’t read all of this but wings can’t be stolen.

9 Likes

completely agreed, damage is too low and needs a buff asap.

2 Likes

Well maybe you guys can give me some advice about what sort of a partner I should be looking for to balance out the lack of mobility.

Hope you’re trolling.

4 Likes

It used to be able to :slight_smile: but yea not in wod legion or bfa

Not getting into mythic’s is an issue of too many dps for too few slots, and community perception (and getting out IO’d). Ret is more than fine enough to push up to 15 without any issues.
Can’t say much about serious pvp, but I don’t think ret is in that much of a bad state for pvp since the freedom buff. At least you won’t get kited/purged into infinity anymore.

1 Like

Ret damage is redonk lol and if your having trouble connecting to healers please explain which healers and in what scenario. If its rdruid i can understand but even then you should be able to catch them in a hoj at some point. And ret paladin has always had trouble with casters to my knowledge thats their counter especially mage

2 Likes

as a general rule, anyone in “is kinda like god” is incapable of higher forms of absurdism like parody or trolling.
What you are witnessing is a much baser emotion; Lust wishes to be the fire magi.

2 Likes

The spec is awful against everything that is meta atm, you can’t buff it w/o breaking the game because its core design is fundamentally flawed. “9.0 will fix it”.

1 Like

Sure as long as they take away your retard strength with wings…

2 Likes

It’s mainly Resto Druids and the Weaver Monks…The mobility of them is insane, where I’ll use my CDs …I can do the damage to bring them down, but they just run away, and I have no more Freedom or Hinderance to be able to catch up to them. Or I get stunned out of my Horse…

Any tips for taking down these classes would be appreciated.

Also, any sort of comp I should be specifically running for. I’ve been over 1800 before in the past, so I know that I have the skill to do it again.

While i know a little about ret paladin i havent played ret since last season and i think that someone like @rethumtv would be much better at helping you with this question as he was much higher rated than i and i believe mains ret.

The best advice i can give you is to play the blade of wrath slow pvp talent ( forget the name ) and try to predict roll / torpedo and re apply slow the instant they use it or to be very quick about using horse > hoj to catch them off guard.

if you run at them all game with double steed unbound freesom and a basically spammable 70% slow you should be able to catch them at some point for sure but doing damage is more important and you shouldnt over commit if say they literally scoot the fck across the entire map before you connect

See, the thing about ret pallies and chasing healers is. Don’t chase healers.

Cc healer kill dps.

3 Likes

Have you ever heard of an enhancement shaman? Then leave the forums and never come back untill you feel our pain

Gonna give you a heart because you actually used paragraphs and your space bar. :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Melee shouldn’t have 100% uptime. Keep healers free.

1 Like

i love my ret. huge huge huge aoe cleave and juicy 120k+ templars.

lay on hands for my healer buddies in bgs. bop for them also. etc

such a funclass

but not as fun as rogue

Ret wants the rogue treatment (not sub plz don’t hurt me salt) where they want all the control and damage lel