Please announce if there will be another Mage Tower

I understand that if there is another mage tower, that it will be at the end of the expansion cycle so that you cannot out gear it (unless they implement some fancy other mechanism to avoid that).

However, can you just announce 1. If there even will be another Mage Tower and 2. Give a small preview of the rewards?

I am sitting on a bunch of Alts at 110 - no motivation to level them up - especially now where leveling will be easier in Shadowlands. However, if I knew that there was going to be a mage tower and that it would be worthwhile - that would be all of the motivation I need to level them. I cant be the only one, but I don’t want to level them “just in case” and then instead of being disappointed…be really annoyed if there isn’t one.

I did the same in Legion - didn’t play much until I realized that there was something cool to be had and I played the hell out of those Alts and it actually was a lot of fun.

For BfA? Not likely, would have already been hinted at in 8.3 news.

Why in the world would they not add in one of the most successful implementations in BFA? That would be crazy…besides…isn’t there time for another content patch between 8.3 and Shadowlands?

Time sure. But the last patch (before pre-patch) is generally just the last raid tier. At this point in the expansion most of the focus is going towards the next expansion.

I don’t think they’re going to be able to sneak in anything without players finding out about it.

i want another mage tower so badly, but what would this mage tower give? the 1st one gve a skin to an item you had all expac, weve had a hidden necklace all expac, they could do class specific armor but they havnt done any of that all expac either. 9.0 is the only salvation we have for something interesting to happen

You’ll be too busy working on your Legendary Cloak in the Horrific Visions to worry about a Mage Tower. You can do the visions solo or in a group. At least that is their thinking.

If 8.3, doesn’t launch until 2020 (as just announced), you’ll have 6-7 months before pre-patch to finish it. Doesn’t really leave much time in the cycle for a big feature release with solo content.

1 Like

Because they already had the majority of this expansion planned out and a new mage tower concept wasn’t part of that?

Not exactly rocket surgery here.

1 Like

Apparently it is…the “why” refers to the decision (if there was one) to not do a mage tower and has less to do with the logistics of expansion planning…

Sure.

Let me first redesign your favorite spec into a dumpster fire, then introduce a challenge to test your mastery of that dumpster fire, and you’ll then be rewarded with a unique skin by proving to us that this dumpster fire is a ‘success’.

What’s your favorite spec, so that i can now start redesigning it’s spec fantasy?