Please add section for people wanting to sell runs

It’s annoying to see “[WTS] Mythic+ 10/20” posts flooding the group finder. Even if you report as advertisement, it’s incredibly obvious that Blizzard doesn’t actually do anything with these reports but file them into a virtual box labelled “lol”. All it does is remove the group from your finder for about 5 minutes, then you see them all again.

I understand people are always going to sell runs for gold, but it would improve the gameplay of so many if Blizzard just implemented a different tab for people to post their WTS runs in, instead of mixing them in with people trying to form actual groups.

Same goes for the six thousand twitch streamers averaging 4 viewers who abuse the system by listing their group, never accepting or even declining anyone that applies, and have DnD on for their whispers because the group description tells you to go to their twitch channel. This just clogs the system up by creating groups that just sit there forever.

Why is this even a thing? Add a separate tab. Let people post their ads in that tab. That way their ads for runs can still be made, people that are interested can still find them, and it clears up the UI for people not interested but want to actually pug. Everybody wins. Also, the UI for the group finder (Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder, Premade Groups) needs an update in general. It looks dated with it’s low-res, clearly blown up, images for the icons and the fact that there is no filter or anything beyond a simple search bar is archaic. Jesus, the eyeball icon in the top left of the finder is not even centered, Blizzard. Come on.

1 Like

They’re not going to do this because advertising is against TOS… technically the groups doing it are breaking this by advertising.

4 Likes

If they hadn’t removed our ability to filter out text it wouldn’t be a problem. Again they just wanted to slow us down and we pay with bs.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s breaking ToS to advertise sales, but Blizzard has stated that using the LFG and LFR tools to advertise sale runs is an actionable offense. That may be what you meant, so apologies if I’m misunderstanding, just wanted to clarify.

It’s not against the TOS. Anything sold for gold in game is fine. This includes services.

Yes, I was referencing OP’s direct issue with the LFG system. It’s not against TOS to advertise in trade chat or sell runs for gold.

Selling and advertising are two different things according to TOS. It’s against TOS to advertise in the LFG system, but not trade chat.

The request is to make a separate tab. this instead of lfg…

I don’t agree with it or want it, just saying it’s not a violation.

The request is not what I was referencing, the part about people advertising in LFG is. They’re not going to make a separate tab if they do not want it in their game. You advertise in trade chat for gold, that’s what it’s for and not the LFG tool. Pretty simple.

try clarifying yourself then. since you made a blanket statement to the initial response, I’m not going to assume you’re referring to one part and not the entire request.

I don’t know why you’re getting upset, it was pretty clear that since the solution to LFG spam is that it’s against TOS, it’s not on me to put that together for you. Someone else also made it even more clear for you to understand that.

upset? you made a blanket statement and were and are wrong. seems you are the one who is upset to keep responding. you do you though.

???

I’m not wrong. It’s against TOS to advertise groups in LFG. What are you even talking about?

You were wrong relative to the point being made. they asked for an additional tab. the OP even explains it. It would be on the same level as LFG. did you even read the suggestion?

1 Like

The suggestion doesn’t matter if it’s against TOS to advertise through LFG systems in the first place. Why would the bring in a second tab to something they deem illegal in the game? They’re not going to enable that behavior.

The word Blizzard seemingly likes to use is “unsupported”.
Providing an official in-game clubhouse for people to sell carries might be construed as “support”.
Feel free to ask a GM and get the official run-around blanket statement of the week.

The funny thing is most GM functionality is automated these days from menus and copy pasted replies, with little interaction involving an actual person. That’s the wonder of endless corporate cost-cutting.