Please add Dye options for xmog

title…
also be able to keep your mog even if you change a piece a gear…

just a QoL change that would be nice…
but the Dyeing your gear needs to come

6 Likes

I completely agree! I don’t understand why it would be so bad to simply let us mog a slot rather than every single item. It would save time and a lot of gold.

I do agree with your dyeing remark, but I see at least one glaring reason why that won’t happen; you and I are both leather wearers, so look at that set from Castle Nathria. It’s a different color depending on what difficulty you got it from. And the Conquest PVP gear is the exact same model, just a different color. That’s Blizzard’s way of saying “you want different colors, do this content”.

Again, that’s not to say I completely agree with it, but it’s the reality.

100% with you though on mogging slots and not just gear.

I would love this so much, sometimes I like a particular model of a piece, but there is no color I want it in. I don’t think this will ever happen, though

Lol Recolors Are In The Game

+1 for mogging the slot

No vote on dyeing armor, one for the reason listed above. Certain sets are different colors for a reason due to difficulty.

A long time ago in Everquest there was plate armor called “Rubicite” it was the only red plate armor at the time, when you saw someone with a full set it was pretty amazing and you knew it either took them awhile to acquire it or they paid a lot for it.

Several raid sets were also specific colors and you could tell immediately “that person raids”, later on they added armor dyes and that all went out the window… anyone with some pocket change could turn their normal plate set into a red one and it took a lot away from the game IMO. Also you’d be surprised how many people want to look like a set of skittles.

Blizzard won’t add dye because it would force them to come up with multiple armor sets rather than using 1 set for an entire patch and recoloring it for different difficulties

Mogging slots would be nice, but I don’t think that will happen either as transmog is a gold sink and helps combat inflation

It would be a cool feature, but it would probably have to be something going forward and not backward to older armor pieces.