Please add dual spec for TBC

This is the only change i want in tbc. Have a heart

4 Likes

if classic had dual spec i could have saved like 2k gold. why does blizzard hate people having gold in a game they cant sell tokens in anyway

Would be nice but I doubt it would ever be a thing.

1 Like

Prob because there’s already ridiculous amounts of gold inflation in the game and spec change is one of the VERY few gold sinks in the game and it’s not even a gold sink at 50g with how much gold ppl have now

2 Likes

very few gold sinks? Are you serious? LOL. Also its not 50g its 100g cause you have to re-spec back. Its not even about the gold though its more of the convenience of having two bar setups etc. At least let us save two specs then and pay when we switch. Give us something.

1 Like

Here is what I am asking.

For Classic, main thing I am asking is the ability to talk to vendors and quest givers without breaking form. But I also see Classic as the TBC waiting room.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hypothetical-a-tbc-server-what-would-you-change-while-keeping-it-balanced/675729

Please don’t do this.

7 Likes

Most TBC private servers did this. Its just a nightmare for people who want to raid and do arena’s the same week on a competent level. It’s not even a min/max thing. You absolutely cannot compete.

There’s also precedent in that the WOTLK pre-patch during TBC included dual specs. So technically you could argue no changes.

1 Like

Dual spec was added in Wrath. It’ll be there when a Wrath server gets created.

3 Likes

I was against this until I saw how successful dual spec was in the tbc pservers. It really helps encourage people to dip their toes into pvp since there is no respec cost barrier and it overall helps lower queue times.

2 Likes

Most people consider the pre-patch to be part of the next expansion. 2.0 is TBC, 3.0 is Wrath, ect. So it’s not no changes.

4 Likes

lol. you have tbc players trying to change classic. you already have wrath players trying to change tbc. this is hilarious.

2 Likes

i have 200g

That’s not how economics works

Well then it sounds like you’re not very good at the game :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Agreed, adding dual spec is a good change to TBC. The only people this change is bad for aren’t people at all, they’re farmbots selling gold.

1 Like

Dual spec is one of the worst decisions in WOW. Stand by your character choices. Only healers and tanks need it.

If that were true paladins in classic would have crusader strike, and instance stone could be used to summon. Pre-patch was always a live beta of the next expansion.

I agree it pulled away from character identity a lot. If you had to actually take the time to respec and re-do bars, meant you actually wanted to do the other spec and were willing to invest at least minimum effort into it.

The way i see dual spec being used especially when gear doesn’t cover all stats is for someone to swap to like tanking from dps for faster dungeons queues and make the group carry them through the instance while they play terribly and make the experience worse for everyone else.

Just level two of the same class. Problem solved. If you enjoy the class so much you will do it. I have two rogues and I enjoy them both - one is daggers, one is swords.

1 Like