Playing arcane mage

Are they good pvp/pve?

Are they fun to play?

I would like to read opinions

Apparently they got some bonkers torghast powers. That’s all I know since I’m following a blog on Tumblr that plays arcane

It’s fun to level as a lowbie. Outside of that, I don’t know.

Arcane is good in pve, if you run kyrian with arcane harmony legendary it can be annoying to play depending on the encounter and what happens during your radiant spark and touch of the magi window. If you like the aesthetic and like the mana management aspect, then it is a great spec for you.

For pvp I’m unsure, I know fire is the best mage spec in most situations and I don’t see arcane mages on any kind of videos or streams I watch.

<----defiant night fae arcane mage. lol I’m a filthy casual RP carebear so I can’t speak about raiding or pvp since I do neither, but I personally enjoy the spec. It’s an easy rotation and once you get used to the slow beginning (building your stacks of arcane blast up) with the right talents and decent gear you can do respectable damage.

1 Like

pew pew pew
and one more pew.

3 Likes

I’ve seen some utterly absurd arcane mages in M+.

I don’t ever see them in raids because we only have 1 mage and he doesn’t play arcane.

I suck unless I have a tank and a healer. Without them, I spend more time snacking than questing.

And my rotation sucks because I only have a couple of consistently useful spells so there is a lot of repeating and little variety.

And my mog sucks because I only have two witch hat options.

Oh wait, that last might be more complicated than that. Just ignore it.

I love this character, she has been my favourite since I created her back in Cata. But she has been played the least since I returned to the game Xmas 2019 because, between the snacking and the repetitive rotation, I find her a bore to play.

Playing arcane mage is like playing action RPGs in mobile:

The dps you get you dont want, the DPS you want you never get.

1 Like

Currently progging mythic SoD as arcane. It’s ok but can be very punishing. You have to time your cooldowns when not much is happening on a boss. If you move any you hurt yourself hard.

However in M+ i find it SUPER FUN. The AoE burst cooldown rotation allows some light movement around your rune of power (like fire) and does really high burst damage (like fire).

Dont know how good it is in PVP. I feel like it would be a gimmick spec.

Arcane is my favorite mage spec. I’m so bored of fire that I stopped playing mage for SL.

Arcane with the right set up and proper gamer behind the curtains so to speak can pull off some big things. Arcane from what I’ve seen can hold it’s own.

Is it fun? I personally find it boring.

There is currently a weird bulid that requires kyrian that is actually pretty fun, and also meta for this patch. You get to have the biggest crits in the game.

at low levels they are killing machines. They can pretty much farm 15k honor with no efford. kek

Are they fun to play?

In my experience, yes they are. But they are complex, and at max level you need to pay a lot of attention

When I played Arcane Mage in BFA bg’s, I had one job. Kite the ones foolish enough to follow me around.

Torment the Weak is a pvp talent that causes Slow to target two additional nearby targets, and increase its range by 15 yards. Using that with Chrono shift you can outrun nearly any class that cant blink/jump to your immediate location.

You can basically keep an entire squad of players moving at 40% of their speed, and they cant do anything about it. Honestly, it’s one of the more “trolly” playstyles, but I loved having 2-4 players trying to gun me down at turtle speed