Players/guildies quitting in droves

Recently many individuals I have played with for year quit both retail as well as classic. Others are also talking about about just quitting also or just logging on for only raids and playing other games like final fantasy. I’ve never gotten into final fantasy. I want wow to keep going I want the players I’ve played with for years to stay. Feels bad man. TBC is very raid loggy but many of these players are just not coming back.

24 Likes

FF14 is pretty dope ngl

31 Likes

Our guild is experiencing this as well.

Seems to be a combination of all the things going on.

The recent news about company culture at Blizzard made us lose a couple. But I think overall we’ve had a a big chunk just stop logging because they got bored or started playing other games.

World of Warcraft has always been a very self driven game after 70 and if you aren’t able to set goals for yourself in between raid nights then you are going to end up losing interest.

16 Likes

The 2.4 state of rogues in season 1 has really junked arenas. BGs, until recently were a pre-mading disaster with long queue times. And faction balance is non-existant. The economy was ruined from day 1.

The only solutions were to go full lobby-mode and turn the game into retail. Unless you have friends here (like I do, which make it very fun), TBC is about to become retail with worse BGs and worse dungeons and worse raids. Why would anyone play TBC unless they have strong ties here already?

Nostalgia. Blizzard has made it apparent they don’t have much interest in the longevity of the player base. But the more people they can sucker into paying for a boost the better. Who cares if they quit in a month from the player base issues when they already pocketed the boost money.

1 Like

Yeah, that is probably all true.

I don’t feel very Nostalgic about it, though. I’m having a good time because my friends are here (who came back for nostalgia). It’s just not even close to the TBC experience. Classic had problems, too, of course. But it approximated Vanilla enough that I was ok with them. TBC just legit feels like bad retail now.

I’m not trying to put down retail. It can be fun. But we already have a retail. We don’t need a second, worse, version of it.

7 Likes

That’s how it is. Tbc is pretty much a raid log/level alts expansion.

4 Likes

I’m already nostalgic for vanilla classic. Phase 2 and 3 were the best. (Well for me, I reckon for most people it was one of the worst times, but for me it is when the game felt alive.)

6 Likes

retail meanwhile keeps you logging in daily to get your rep farm done.

1 Like

My guild had the same thing happen, granted the people who left were the exact people who I predicted would. The type who quit and came back for TBCC or “just started playing for TBCC”. I also had a few PVP friends come back and then quit. It sucks but I honestly expected it.

I would say the people I know quit TBCC faster than they did Classic but I expected that too.

2 Likes

PvP is generally the best content to keep casuals involved, but given the poor honor rate (1k/hr if you’re lucky) that means farming individual pieces of gear takes several days.

Basically Blizzard has taken retail metrics and extrapolated them onto TBC to purposely extend play time.

10 Likes

My raiding guild fell apart to go play new world and final fantasy

Only a couple us stayed to keep playing WoW, and I know my guild wasn’t the only one that quit in the past week on my server. Kinda sucks to see people I’ve been playing with for over a decade leave, but WoW is nearly at it’s end and by the end of wrath it’ll be on life-support

8 Likes

The central problem is the level of entitlement on display here.

No doubt there are many executives from whom you could hear the same opinion. Though they would direct it at their enemy, us.

But no, the real entitlement here is many times more massive than what you can see from cranky gamers wanting their most hated class nerfed. The real entitlement is from the shareholders and CEO of Bilzzard, thinking that they can cut costs and corners to maximize profits on the psuedo-relaunch of a 15 year old game they own the rights to.

They’re right of course, they can legally do as terrible a job as they want and collect our $15 a month plus the naked cash grab for mounts and boosts. Though, as the video of Steve Jobs making the rounds on the web teaches, the product suffers massively.

I wish I could say that I couldn’t believe it when i heard that blizzard was going to run TBC entirely on one patch. Does anyone remember their little PR story they put out about the hunt for the original WoW code?

A segment of it made reference to the fact that in the case of TBC all the original data was still intact in archives, but not so lucky for vanilla.

They could have made this re-launch a near exact replica, but it would have been “hard”. Aww, poor little multi-billion dollar company just doesn’t have the resources or experience to bring us a patch by patch recreation that they KNOW is what we actually want?

They certainly could have, but to accomplish this feat they would have to pay many more programmer hours and that means less money for their shareholders, and that just isn’t acceptable no matter what their customers want right?

This never should have been allowed to happen, but no matter how many times we begged/threatened/asked for information about TBC classic release, they fended us off until when they finally did release some details, it would have been too late to refuse their cheapa$$ version of TBC classic all on a patch that frankly wasn’t even the best patch to choose.

We bear much of the burden of blame, we only spoke as one for a few months to get this entire dog and pony show to happen. Since it’s been created we’ve divided amongst ourselves in so many ways we no longer have the leverage we could wield to force shareholders to accept less money for a better product.

Horde vs Alliance, OGs vs retail andy’s, PvPers vs PvEers, MrNiceguys vs Trolls

I don’t know if it’s possible to squeeze a great WoW experience out of this greedy company anymore, but I do know the ONLY way it’s going to happen is if we all swallow our pride and communicate and compromise with each other to speak with one voice and dictate terms to these once gamers consumed by avarice.

It would be presumptive of me to tell you what we should do next, and barring a miracle not enough people will even see this message. But i’ve recently made a couple threads and read thousands of your replies, I’ve heard you and I hope you will hear me out and spread the word. We need a figurehead with a platform and a voice, the easiest choice would be Asmon, but more difficult to achieve; we need to come together and decide what we want to demand for our dollars.

19 Likes

It’s like that old joke: if a tree falls in the woods when no one is around, does it make a sound?

If a raid logger quits a game does it really make a difference?

2 Likes

We get lots of rep to grind?

Aside from hvh pvp what is so like retail now? I mean you keep claiming it’s just basically retail now. Maybe elaborate more? Don’t sit there and try to say oh the boost in the shop. One time purchase and not gameplay at all.

1 Like

you can finish reps within a month. alot of them you can even buy to exalted (CE/Consort/Spore). I was even doing barely 3 heroics a week and I already finished everything, including attunements.

Yea… they have rep gated… how can I get ogre and sky rep right now?

Never seen Pagle has “High” before, Mankrik still on Full.
Oohh noooo.

My guild is experiencing the same. We are the largest raid guild on the server yet now we are lucky to have a dozen people logged on when it is not time to raid.

We also lost many members, including some original officers to Final Fantasy this week.

It is not looking good for TBC.

Ignore this retail troll who is being purely obtuse. There are a hundred threads that already outline the retail features infecting TBC, from cash shop, to major arena changes, to arena gear changes, to pvp battleground changes…

He is purely trolling and being pedantic.

7 Likes