Players that correct the way you type words or sentences on wow chat

is it appropriate to correct another player in world of warcraft

no it’s illegal and you can go to wow jail

5 Likes

i can confirm. spelling is for watches and wazards from hogswards skool for watchcraft and wazardry. not me though

2 Likes

Depends on if you care or not. Personally I ignore people and go on my merry way.

1 Like

I find it amusing and purposely type words with an extra letter or spell the word wrong in chat

Saying “for all intensive purposes” or “it’s a doggy dog world” is an easy way to trigger trade chat

2 Likes

it is fun watching players get triggered over the smallest things

I’d like to think that most people outgrow getting satisfaction out of annoying others by adulthood, but you do you, bud.

2 Likes

Irregardless

apparently others find satisfaction out of nitpicking with me and these people call them selves adult’s what is adult about that ? you tell me

Our entire way of learning is based on the correction of mistakes. The issue isn’t that you’re correcting people, it’s that you’re not a known or trusted source for those corrections.

Lol’d at “doggy dog world.”

Can’t wait to use it.

In a setting where written communication is our only form of communication, the guy who can’t type legibly is failing on a fairly basic level. Doesn’t seem too ridiculous to try and help people correct themselves.

2 Likes

Pot meet kettle.

I correct everyone who keep saying “would of” and spell “cannon” when they mean to say “canon” here in the forums myself. Honestly, I’m doing them a favor.

Trying to correct stupidity is an exercise in futility, regardless what form it comes in. If people didn’t care to learn the fundamental basics in 3rd grade they’re not going to care now.

I tend to commit mistakes since english is my second language and it’s one I learned by myself, no schools or anything and more often than not people will comment on these mistakes.
I take these comments as constructive feedback and use it to improve my english skills further, but some can be quite rude about it, but I just ignore these.

2 Likes

feeling the need the point out something 99% of us just infer and move past is a big L and simply shows your own insecurities imo.

a good call ina bg doesnt have to be spelt properly. as long as you get some of the right letters in the right spot while you’re 3v1ing an inc to your base, you could win us the game, and ill be glad the seething grammar goblin in the back of you mind was ignored.

better than school. trust me. correcting someone + adding a mild insult will trigger the ‘save this mistake response’ in their brains that they will never make the same spelling mistake ever again.

psychologists say it works wonders.

Whatever happened to that canon cannon that was supposed to be used in canon at the end of BfA?

2 Likes