Players should NOT be able to mount on prepatch NPCS

They have made it a lot easier to click through mounts over the years at least.

Genn was swarmed by a thousand rabbid Alliance today on my realm (and I’m sure all others). It wasn’t terribly hard to grab the quest.

1 Like

Yeah… It completely ruins the experience to be honest. My server Org was just unbearable with the lag, and over 200 players were all on top of Lorthemar and Calia.

Yes, there are macros and zoom to get the quests, that’s not the point.

The point is, once again, Blizzard doesn’t put the effort where it counts. Why did we have this event held back for so long, and stuck on “testing” in PTR for so long, only to go live with the EXACT same lag issues?

My mind took this weird places…

4 Likes

For a while in BfA, the game would fade out any other players around certain NPC’s (maybe all NPC’s, I can’t remember). So crowding wasn’t an issue. But ever since version 9.0 launched, that went away. The fading just doesn’t work anymore. That would’ve been a good solution for this problem, I think.

Agreed, I just moused over everybody until my cursor changed. I think I was the only one off my mount…

2 Likes

Isle of Thunder is a perfect example of this. The daily quest NPCs had a “mana barrier” around them, preventing players from mounting within ~20 yards of the quest giver. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!!

1 Like

This. Always. Happens.

I don’t understand it anymore. Every time this kind of situation arises, they never learn. Expansion after expansion. If blizz was a forum poster they would have been permanently banned for repeated trolling offenses years ago.

7 Likes

Breaking my Immersion! I agree put up barriers for the internet idiots that have no common decency!

Common sense. Yet blizzard ignores.

blizz has the tech to make the area around quest NPCs dismount people, for whatever reason they didn’t do it here.
Which just stinks of them rushing

in before GD demands blanket bans for anybody who mounts within 25 yards of any npc

bind mouseover interact to a key

/target name of npc

/win

Indeed. The problem is if a bunch of people intentionally block it with vendor mounts because the vendors are not click through. You’ll mouse over the mount vendors continually while trying to find the NPC.

Those people know what they’re doing. Easy fix is the Khadgar treatment. Dismount anyone within 8-10 yards. ez

2 Likes

honestly yes they should start banning people for blatant griefing.
People will stop real quick once they get 12 hour bans for doing this.

Aye they have the tech, I believe it is still in place for the Horde mission table on the open ship in BFA.

When a player gets right up to the mission table they are in a small phase where they are the only ones visibly at the table, so this issue does not occur.

It would work well (and better then ‘anti mounting auras’ personally) for things like this

Keyboard option to allow interaction with a bound key.
Do /tar name and then press the key.

Seriously, this behavior is so blaringly toxic. Also the lag it creates makes the process of just clicking an npc and getting through the quest dialog take SO LONG. I don’t understand why they didn’t apply the same mechanics as they do with the BfA npcs of fading out other players when you approach. It would have made SUCH a big difference in this limited experience.

Waited patiently a long time and I’m not happy right now.

I can here to post this exact complaint. And when I politely asked everyone to dismount they started being really hostile for no reason. This is ridiculous. I have had players say my complaint about people not disappearing in front of NPC’s is stupid, because it makes the areas feel more populated. Ok yeah, seeming populated is one thing, but when I can’t see what I am talking to it SUCKS!!!

1 Like

Ask them to move their mount. If they don’t then just report. This way the report will be more justifiable in the eyes of blizzard. However if you don’t say anything, for all you know blizzard doesn’t know you intended to use the npc.

That excuse/complaint about ‘area populated’ is moot, the phase areas can be very small so people can stand next to the NPC and be able to talk to them without issue and still see all the players crowding outside a small ring around the NPC.

Players can stand at the mission table on the Horde ship in BFA and not have it be crowded due to the small phase around it, but still see players on all areas of the ship other then immediately by the table, even ones a few feet away on deck by the ramp onto the ship.