Players per server in classic?

Any player limit will result in dead servers, those whom do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

One of the main reasons WoW evolved was because of that. If you do not understand what I am talking about, then you do not know WoW or classic.

I told you so, figured I would get it out of the way instead of doing it later.

wow is cloud based now…no more single realms per server and realms are connected.

That is the modern infrastructure that classic will run on.
How they set that up though to emulate how it used to be is something they haven’t told us.

www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-13-after-fourteen-years-of-world-of-warcraft-infrastructure-isnt-a-limitation
(can’t paste links so I chopped off the https://)
When World of Warcraft shipped it was on single realms that were completely independent from all other realms. Now we’re on a much more cloud-based infrastructure, which didn’t exist in 2004 and is now the industry standard. We’ve modernized our game to make use of that, so we have a lot more resources we can share between different realms and a lot more connectivity we can provide to our players in their gameplay experience.

2 Likes

Nost could hold that many players in one zone without any slowdown or lag. 2019 equipment is not the same as 2004/2005 equipment.