Player stealthing whole fight

Did they change the way the eyes work or something?

You know that you can use a mount, pets of you have them (class) and if you’re playing a warrior… well I don’t know what else to tell ya; it’s not rocket surgery.

Ya… the amount of teams who keep trying after a teammate has died and the enemy team is fully recovered is wayyyy too high this xpac. Don’t know why.

They need to make it to where when a team loses a member, a 1 minute timer begins where the team who is down a man must either rez their team mate or kill an enemy team member or the game ends.

1 Like

I’ll say it again.

Time to dump the idea of balancing pvp around arenas and focus on fixing rated battlegrounds. Make rated battlegrounds the premier endgame pvp content. Time to stop this idiotic esports arena that is killing any semblance of pvp in this game.

More people will participate and small class imbalances will be less visible. Granted, they won’t be completely gone.

2 Likes

The 1600-1800 bracket feels so notorious for that right now lol
Healers that have lost their dps keep running around healing themselves and druids who are completely alone go bear form and livelord for no reason :expressionless: as if they wait long enough for convoke they can 1 shot 3 people

1 Like

The 9.1 conduit nerf to rogue should help. Also, eyes should show nameplates imo.

Won a skirm like this 3v1

I hope they felt bad :dizzy_face: thats awful lol

it’s probably because practically every class has the ability to drop someone in 2 seconds. even healers are able to do 10k crits which is 1/4 to 1/3 of players hp. imagine a holy paladin hitting you for 100k in BFA in 1 hit.

Swtor, gw2 (if you’re not braindead) eso (if you’re not braindead) wild star the list goes on.

I actually haven’t touched those games. I wanted to get into GW2 but I was a die hard Gw1 fanboy and still play for time to time so I just can’t do it :tired_face:

Gw2 is probably one of the better mmos right now for pvp. Also has had solo ranked que forever and there 0 gearing. So you just go in and get good lol.

Ah so I’m guessing class comps aren’t as important like with diminishing returns and stuff? I thought gw2 didn’t have a lot of buttons per class and I get really bored with those types of Mmos.

Archeage is my favorite right now but I’m addicted and trying to avoid it. Eq2 is launching a new pvp server for the first time in a decade and even though it’s old it’s pretty good.

Arena pvp is hard to find in mmorpgs because they never can get team comps down the way wow did. The synergy between like rogue/mage war/dk just isn’t found in other games. Gw1 had it really close to perfect with the 8v8 gvgs but nothing else really comes to mind (no experience with gw2)

There is a fault in this thinking because it drastically changes how you play the game; no longer do you play to win, instead you play to land a single kill vs the weakest target entirely changing what works and what doesn’t.

If people played like what you’re promoting (under the present rules) you would see a lot of teams who flop because they went all in and only came out on top of a team fight by a very slim (long term loss) margin only to then have 1 and then 2 DPS or a healer die and fail the match.

That poor play under your rules would be rewarded; IMO not a good meta. It’s a high speed meta for ultra zugzug players who only understand dump Cooldowns and collect points.

just do it, just force yourself to make a character (figure out what class and build you’d like to play) and just take a half hour or hour to try it only provided

After reading a couple of threads about gw2 now I wanna mess around with it again and be bad at it

Outside of petclasses, it’s fairly easy to just line the person with the sight orb or just open them with it for the extra damage.

I tied to a prot paladin while constantly opening and resetting on an alt a long time ago no regrets. Sight orb should just be revamped to be able to see the nameplate of the stealthie imo

how do u have an opinion about arenas ? ur not even 60

WTF games have you been playing? Perma stealth has been in games as long as I can remember… from Ultima Online and DAoC to almost every modern MMORPG with pvp in it. I never thought perm stealth was a good mechanic. Invisibility on a 30 to 60 second timer seems fair enough, but the whole perma stealth thing always became toxic because the classes who had it also had good crowd control or tons of up front damage really quick.

You already play to kill the “weakest” member of the enemy team, obviously there is a target your team decides to hit at the beginning of a match typically, and you generally change set ups based on who still has wall, who still has trinket etc but yeah that’s actually the goal of arena right now - to take down a member of the enemy team, the “weakest” member (whoever doesn’t have wall, trinket, etc)

I don’t think anyone goes into an arena match like “ok yeah we will get ret bubble in the opener then off DR when I have X cooldown up we will take him down. Then, after that we will use X CC on the healer to take a go at the arms warrior, get trinket from him, then after that blah blah blah”

I think most people’s pregame strat ends at killing one member of the enemy team.

That’s some really lame pre-game…

For the record, you cannot send hunter pets at things behind los or out of range. You haven’t been able to do that since Legion.

1 Like