Player proves you can determine your layer with /who (proof inside)

As the post you linked says, the issue is not layering. The issue is how layering is implemented and the lack of anti-abuse systems around it…

Thank you for the post. This absolutely reinforces what is being said is correct.

For some who’s been running a manual census for Pagle… I have to say this is the most stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

Just a conspiracy theorist? Maybe a successful troll? Who knows?

The examples are pretty mute. Using 2 different /who methods to turn up with more results.

Do you know how many times I’ve seen CensusPlus send a “/who 50-59” and have to shorten it’s search because it’s found too many characters that are between level 50 and 59?

It will keep going until it finds less than 50 of the level.
Example:

/who 50-59
Found 50
/who 56-59
Found 50
/who 59-59
Found 50
/who r-“Race” 59-59
Found 50
/who c-“Class” r-“Race” 59-59
Found 4
Processing 4

Oh snap. Bingo!

When you do a z-“Zone” search it narrows your list down to whoever is in the zone, in this case you chose Orgrimmar.

When you remove the zone filter, it displays everything with Orgrimmar in it, as others have said.

So while:
/who z-"Orgrimmar 1-2
Will show you anyone level 1 to 2 in Orgrimmar.
/who Orgrimmar 1-2
Will show you anyone level 1 to 2 with Orgrimmar in their: name, guild, zone, etc.

So if you have 10 people in Orgrimmar who are level 1-2 when you do a zone search, you’ll only get 10 people in the results.
However, when you do the same search without the filter, you will get those 10 people in Orgrimmar, plus Orgrimmarcharlie , Buckyorgrimmar , and Sally (Orgrimmar Brutality).

Just explaining the last one in plain English in case the first one was missed

I hardly believe that Pagle would have over 12,000 players level 10-60 on one layer and none spread to other layers.

1 Like

Yes I would agree with that, the only thing giving me pause is that does it do zone first?

I’ll humor them and use their method when I get home. I’ll just post full desktop so theres some kind of timestamp. Like to keep it legit.

Didn’t Blizzard already have to waste their time looking at fake screenshots and then checking to see if they’re real or not?

Who knows.

They said we couldn’t determine layers and yet again here we are.

When I do this my /who list gets populated with a bunch of people all showing in Tanaris.

If it wasn’t doing that because of layers than what is it?

I’m confused. I thought you were definitely on board with supporting this. Now now someone wants to use the method and provide timestamps and you run? Should I not try the method?

I’m doing it now…

My Tanaris /who list gets alot more populated when I remove that z and it’s not people named Tanaris or in a guild Tanaris.

They are all showing in the zone Tanaris the only difference is how I get them all to show up.

Oh don’t worry about that chief. Like I’ve said, I’ve ran a manual census. What could more /who searches do? :thinking: I’m rather interested in this now. Could it be or could it not be fake? Guess I’ll know in 1 hour… Plus queue.

No no no. I have to do it for myself to see. Are you not getting that?

Ok.

Let us know what you get.

Unless I’m missing something,it seems to work as OP said it does.

3 Likes

pulls up a chair

/popcorn

Share? /10

Because no one lies on the internet for fun.

FFS the picture shows the zone. Everyone in the both searches were in Orgrimmar. They may have additionally had “Orgrimmar” in their guild name or whatever…but they were visibly also sitting in Orgrimmar.

That said, I’m trying this on Atiesh right now across several zones, and I’m not seeing a difference between queries when I add the zone selector. However there was a patch before I logged in (9/5, 6:50 PM), so it may have been hotfixed.

Nope. Definitely still works here. Did /who z-“tanaris” shows 41, /who tanaris shows 50.

theres no qualifier on the zone subsearch. its possible a /who does ignore layers, but a /who -z does not.

its not like we havent fallen into that trap before ourselves when running a command queries the entire source but add a flag and somehow its getting different results.

if all blizzard did was fix that part first, and fast, then it would eliminate its ease of exploitation

1 Like

Okay yeah, I was doing it wrong. Pinging Atiesh Wetlands right now:

/who “wetlands” 20-22 – 50 found

/who z-“wetlands” 20-22 – 24 found

And yes, these pictures were taken within seconds of each other from the same location, and everyone polled were all being shown as physically in the Wetlands zone. So it wouldn’t have mattered if by whatever freak accident I happened to ping the Wetlands while it was being raided by <Wetlands Brigade> or whatever idiots might theoretically have named themselves after the zone.

https://i.imgur.com/MT0TEjq.png

https://i.imgur.com/aphjvC3.png

And correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Blizz promise us in the first place that layering was only supposed to happen in the ridiculously crowded starting zones? That was one of the qualifiers for the #nochanges crowd to not completely lose their minds over neo-sharding. The fact that layering even happens at all outside Teldrassil/Darkshore/whatever means they already lied about something.

5 Likes

Yeah, idk if this layering thing works as OP suggested but when I do z-“Tanaris” 31-32 are around 25 ppl when i do just Tanaris 31-32 its maxed out at 50. It would explain why this zone is so dead when it should be crowded by this point.

Sure seems like you could exploit layering like this easily if you coordinate. Wouldn’t be surprised not first time Blizzard has lied.

2 Likes