Player proves you can determine your layer with /who (proof inside)

No - I really wanted to see an in-game clock / at least same background for those 2 queries. There are a few unanswered questions with this experiment…

3 Likes

It seems to me that it would be very stupid of OP to have fabricated this evidence. If that is the case Blizzard could very well take action towards him for wasting their time. Also, it seems he doesn’t gain anything by bringing this up, he could be playing the game but instead he is doing these posts. But I’m not 100% sure, it will be interesting to see how Blizzard responds to this.

3 Likes

Man, vanilla was getting exploited constantly lol. This game has been held together by duct tape and the grace of Elune from day one.

4 Likes

They can be as loosey goosey with the truth as Boris Johnson at times.

1 Like

Oh! If you are correct then OP is completely wrong.

1 Like

While my statement is true, that does not appear to be the difference in these photos… since all players zones are listed as Orgrimar in the 2nd picture.

However the background for both photos is distinctly different and there is no clock so it appears they were just taken at different times.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I was trying to say :slight_smile: The only explanations would be the time. Will redo the experiment or, hopefully, Vorkiblo can put up some screenshots :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems so stupid by OP to just do this at different times and make it appear as though this would work … but it could be the case. Just seems over and beyond stupid by OP to me if that is the case.

1 Like

There is no possible value in this post.

If it’s true, then you are explaining how to exploit, which is both obviously a bad thing and is bannable. If you believe you have knowledge of an exploit, Blizzard Customer Service has a way to report it directly to Blizzard.

If it’s false, then you are at best mistakenly Chicken-Littleing, which may cause long-term damage to the health of Classic if people believe you. If it’s intentionally false, then you’re also trolling.

No matter what, there’s nothing good that can come from posting this.

2 Likes

I mean just look at the backgrounds they were clearly taken in different locations.

If I were to guess Orgrimar and Thunder Bluff.

1 Like

You need to realize that not everyone that is doing something is trying to be “bad” in a way or another. It could totally be due to not realizing what actually matters when setting up this experiment. I really don’t know and I give them the benefit of the doubt (since they really don’t have a reason to fake it…), which is why I would like to test this as well.

2 Likes

You have some good points but I group up with my friends just to do the party chat business when we are in different zones and I might get switched to another layer accidently. I sure wouldn’t like to have my xp gains reverted because I accidently got switched just being social.

1 Like

Holy tinfoil, Batman!

1 Like

Nevermind, I recant this statement. I tried this command one minute apart:

z-“duskwood” 29-30

and

“duskwood” 29-30

with the following results:

https:// imgur .com /a/FZdkOsX

I am not sure if this is showing different layers or a bug in /who itself. Clarification from Blizzard is required. The reason I was getting the same results previously was because there is a limit on how often you can /who and get results.

5 Likes

Which frankly we all already knew because it’s been happening with retail shards for ages.

They’ve known about it since PTR and done nothing.

1 Like

Correct, I took one in TB, and another in Org.

The reason is that Org has my bank account who just handles banking/AH, and TB is because I was there doing some leatherworking on my Shaman :slight_smile:

you mean like the images of the bank full of arcane crystals and black lotus, that now appear to be completely false according to that blizzard post?

people do weird crap like this for attention all the time. layering is causing issues, and it is exploitable, its just not as bad as some people are making out - which just makes it harder to get blizzard to do something about it.

its that whole chicken little, or boy who cried wolf, thing. and if youre into conspiracy theories it does make you wonder if the exploiters are making massive exaggerations so that once the reality is found out its not actually as bad as people think and they dont worry about it as much, while the exploiters continue exploiting

UPDATE:

People are asking why one picture is Orgrimmar, one is Thunder Bluff.

This is correct, I took one in TB, and another in Org, both at the exact same time.

The reason is that Org has my bank account who just handles banking/AH, and TB is because I was there doing some leatherworking on my Shaman. I have a separate account that just checks mail, posts AH, has extra bag space, etc.

Did…

Did…

Did you just get rekt by a blue post?

rofl

Yo! I got you fam I brought supreme, sausage, and pepperoni.