Player power is not a "Meaningful Choice"

An expac only system shouldn’t carry that kind of weight, and shouldn’t be tied to aesthetics.

2 Likes

When reasonably geared, sure. It should definitely be possible to get CE with any spec/covenant combo. But the world first race is all about NOT being reasonably geared, because if you wait to gear up through farming heroic/early bosses, you won’t be world first.

That’s why balance breaks down in the world first race, every expansion. Even if you can get CE with any combination of classes/talents/legendaries/azerite/covenants/whatever, to get world first you have to be able to do it while severely undergeared. So all those things get minmaxed to the 10th degree.

Blizzard shouldn’t worry too much about that. Design the game for the players who are trying to get CE or AotC sometime before the tier ends with reasonable ilvls, and let world first play out pretty much however (unless there’s something really egregious or a literal bug exploit).

Well whether you think it should, it’s happening. :smiley:

Blizzard has been too hard up on “meaningful choices”. I would much rather have agency over meaningful choices. Give us gems, enchants and reforging back!

1 Like

Enchants are back! But gems need to become commonplace. Like every ring should have one or two gem slots and no secondaries. The gem slots would come with gems already in place, which would allow them to be “reforged” simply by replacing the gems. You could also buy more expensive gems to get a soft upgrade.

In fact, I’d like it if nearly all secondary stats came from enchants and socketables. Give ever profession their own type of socket items: runes, spellthreads, armor kits, boot soles, spikes, gems, cogs, buckles, tinkers, weapon oils, counterweights, weapon chains, scopes, lamp oil for off-hand lamp items, spell crystals for staves, spear heads, weapon mods… Instead of a vendor reforger that requires weird and bizarre math, just make every item a few sockets and give every profession good, highly demanded things to craft.

You don’t need math for reforging since they removed the hit and expertise stats.

Any priest who I invite to my group who is not night fae is instantly getting the boot :slight_smile: good luck priests!

Good luck to Blizz as well to trying to balance the ability to reduce 5 party members CDs by 30 seconds every 2 mins :joy::joy:

There is no balancing the abilities, it’s literally impossible. Anyone who thinks you can balance a couple of abilities that are both utility and damage across 3-4 specs that play completely differently, and 3 forms of content that are completely different is simply an idiot, there’s no getting around it.

You’re probably right. They went ahead with azerite gear when they were told it would be bad, and didnt even half way fix it until halfway through the expac. I doubt as many people will have the patience to stick with it that long this time.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry, yes. A third spec out of the 36 available. So no, not like classes. And covenant abilities should be what they basically are. Talent choices.

1 Like

Well worded.