Player Ignore issue

Why is it that if I click on a character name in Trade chat and select “Ignore” I get “Player not found”, yet if I manually do it by type /ignore (player name) it does accept it?

il get player not found too when trying to whisper someone from another server regardless if its a clustered/merged one or any other server. even though the person is still online as i can see them such case if they were a battle tag friend btu if i whisper their toon instead that happens, or any other wow player for that matter.

as for a temp fix ive found right clicking on the server name of the toon in chat rather than the toon name seems to work though it might take up to 3 clicks >.>

try including the realm name so if you were to ignore me it would look like this

/ignore Flodd-Area52

Yes, I know that works. I’m just puzzled that using the click-Ignore function doesn’t. I just don’t recall having to do anything but click and Ignore from the earliest days of its creation.

yea agreed…I too remember that back in the day all you had to do was right-click to ignore…I think it has something to do with realm connections…

It is weird. You’d think that if I were to click on your character and pick Ignore, the game would see that you are Flodd-area-52 without me needing to tell it that. Not very intuitive if it works that way.

1 Like

yep it’s classic case of Blizzard “fixing” one thing but then 10 other things get broken…it was the same when one day you couldn’t right-click someone’s portrait and inspect them In Diablo 3 it just mysteriously went away and now you have to go into their profile to inspect their character…completely unnecessary and if fixed would be a nice QoL change