Player Housing coming maybe

Microsoft owns ESO. ESO has player housing. Does that mean WoW will get real player housing?

12 Likes

I just made this post, but good to see a PH Brother.

:fist:

7 Likes

can you tell us how ESO does PH?

1 Like

Microsoft owns skype, does that mean our players are going to set up group calls from their player housing?

Microsoft owns LinkedIn, so we might see an update to the group finder. Will we get a place to upload our characters’ resumes? And get automated emails when they get declined?

6 Likes

what type of housing we talking here?

ESO type housing?

FF14 type housing?

everquest type housing?

runescape type housing?

or garrison type “housing” where you just plop an item into its allocated lot then wait several real hours while said item auto generates endgame items that will be useless come next expansion

2 Likes

Shoot good point. Okay maybe there’s some potential to be had here lol.

4 Likes

Microsoft owns teams. Does it mean we’ll have video conference in our PH?

4 Likes

What do you mean how?

ESO has a bunch of houses that you can buy for gold or crowns (premium currency that can be purchased for real money OR gold)

Unlike FF14, housing in ESO does not have a limited quantity and a majority of the houses are available to freely purchase at any time.

But the best part of ESO housing is the free placement of items. Although there is a cap on items per house based on size…this system let’s you put what you want where you want or even combine things to create new pieces

1 Like

yes no might be maynot be either or i dont care either way its fine :stuck_out_tongue:

ESO Housing is instanced, so unlimited.

So it isn’t a “sprawling shanty-town” like it seems to be in FFXIV.

In ESO I stroll into a nice area, where a building is, my 10,000 crown apartment is there. Every other player in the game can also own that 10,000 crown apartment, but it is “instanced” to me. So for me it is my apartment the way I decorated it.

Yes, and the free placement of items thing is awesome (think Skyrim.) I did not mess around with it a lot, but I was able to place an “Orc Rug” on the ground, some trophies and other stuff where I wanted to put them, etc.

Another thing I just thought of, ESO is “Free.” ESO has a voluntary subscription, which is also $15, where you don’t HAVE to pay it; if you DO pay it you get 1500 “crowns” a month. Crowns are how you buy the online “shop” things like mounts, perks, whatever. So think of it like “Wow Battlenet Balance.” You can also buy houses with it, in ESO.

So many people were sitting on tons and tons of crowns, previously not having stuff to spend them on really while enjoying the perks of the $15 sub, that when housing dropped, many of them could immediately buy huge mansions.

There are a couple of housing locations that are free - single rooms of course but if you just want to start your own little home in a tavern with a bed and cupboards etc its a good way to try it out. I wouldn’t want WoW to have ESO’s system of only having proper houses from the shop. And ESO introduced housing before they were taken over my Microsoft, though I dont know what degree of control they exercise over individual game design.

WoW really needs player housing -FFXIV style. Meaning, continued support into new expansions. New items to put in based on said expansion. WoW right now is a “once and done” design style and housing would be dumped in a single expansion.

Imaginary.

1 Like

Not likely, because ESO had housing way before Microsoft owned the game.

1 Like

I guess that depends on how you define “proper”. There are a good number of reasonably large houses in the game that are available for gold.

Also, now it is common to sell store houses for gold at a rate of around 1000:1 meaning you can get most store houses for less that 20 million gold.

Note: 20 Million gold in ESO isn’t as substantial as it is in WoW

If I had to choose between player housing and an extra dungeon I would choose the dungeon all day long.

For me, the garrison is enough player housing.

To each his own however….

1 Like

If they have two games would they want to make them the same? Seems kind of pointless to be honest, so I am doubtful your theory is going to be correct.

Microsoft owns Windows.

Does that mean the Blue Screen of Death will ever become a thing in WoW?

You get an ugly looking room, and you fill it with ugly looking furniture and strange looking trophies that don’t fit the motif of the rest of the game. Also, there are micro transactions.

This is my opinion based on very limited experience with the housing in ESO, so take it for what it’s worth… not a lot.

ESO has “Elder” in the title. Microsoft owns ESO. Does that mean WoW will get “Elder” in the title?