Playable San'layn

With Venthyr being the ‘go-to’ covenant in shadowlands I feel the players have been craving the gothic vampire aesthetic in WoW for a long time. What a better time than to introduce the fan-favourite Sanlayn, and Vrykul because many players would enjoy playing them.

Time, and time again the San’layn have survived in the story and the fans had their dreams of playing one crushed by Blizzard in the Ending the San’layn threat questline.

Someone made a really cool mockup of what they could look like, and some of their model edits are very well done. Check it out, they deserve more attention.

I hope we will get to live out our vampire elf dreams, and play them someday

5 Likes

How so?

I could see San’layn as a Customization Option for Blood Elves. Since the Whole High Elf Thing is done for Blood Elves atleast for the Silvermoon Ones. I hope the San’layn becomes a Customization Option along Dark Rangers and etc.

There is an entire Megathread dedicated to playable San’layn if you wanna check it out. The OP of that thread was the one who made that video you linked.

1 Like

Really? Fallyn/ Fallenlyn? (can’t recall the exact spelling) made those models? Those look fantastic! I’d play those in a heartbeat.

I was really worried with OP talking about Venthry because those models aren’t exactly the same as blood elf and not like the san’layn we see in ICC. But the ones in video look really good.

She made the video with some help.

I personally want both San’layn, and Venthyr to become playable races. I love all the kinds of vampires lol.

Might I interest you in this thread?

1 Like

Don’t we have enough flavors of “Hot Topic” elves already?

I think that would be really cool, either as a customization option for blood elves or its own standalone race.

Both options would have pros and cons imo. But either one could potentially be viable if done right.

I didn’t make those no! Wanted to clarify, I said in the video the artist behind them is ZombieQualia whom made those for our community a long while back! Sadly I’m just a beginner digital artist and someone who puts it all together :frowning: Never did end up learning how to manipulate models. Too much on my plate.

Also thanks for the tag Peppermint!

2 Likes

Oh ok! I almost got your name spelled correctly.

1 Like

I’d rather have the actual vampires than wannabe vampire elves.