Play with More Friends with Cross-Faction Guilds

A start, but not nearly close to what it needs to be.

5/10

This needs A LOT of work.

7 Likes

I think you mean they’re just admitting that faction imbalance can’t be fixed (or they can’t be bothered doing what it takes to fix it lol).

7 Likes

We still need the ability to queue for random instances/unranked pvp/timewalking in cross faction groups. And keeping guild members hostile in the outer world is an odd choice. I understand we are rebuilding a system from the ground up but this article gives us what amounts to a nothing sandwich.

11 Likes

Blizzard admitting the faction imbalance can’t be fixed is just them admitting the Horde won. I’d like to say it was hard fought but we all know it wasn’t everyone knew the Horde was going to win.

Been waiting a long time for this

Maybe they should finish cross-faction gameplay before releasing this then. There’s no point doing cross-faction guilds when you can’t queue for content cross-faction, can’t browse cross-faction guilds in guild finder, there’s no cross-faction trade/zone chat (to recruit), and you have be already socially connected to invite people.

None of these things were mentioned in the post. As it stands, the opposite faction members in your guild will essentially be second class citizens.

24 Likes

I use the guild finder tool to invite my alts into their own guild. Will I be able to be cross-faction with my alts, or will it require a direct invite from someone else to be added?

6 Likes

The restriction doesn’t exist for Group Finder, you can join opposite-faction groups for days without mucking with communities or friend lists.

If someone is currently in your cross-faction group, I feel like a cross-faction guild invite should probably be allowed. Less hoops to jump through with a prospective member that way.

4 Likes

Essentially
 Yea that is what it feels like.

This. It’s very disappointing. I was hoping for so much more, not just a token here, have an invite, but you’re still not really part of the guild. Thanks anyways.

6 Likes

the whole system feels like a Group project they had 2 months to finish but they only started working on it in the last 2 weeks and gave the bare minimum to Pass.

10 Likes

The whole thing feels way more restrictive than it needs to be.
Adding peoples Btag and stuff in order to even invite them seems a lot more work than just removing the Horde-side or Alliance-side and letting anyone join. It feels messy.

I get we’re slowly trying to work towards coming together but they could do a little more also people mostly wanted to actually play with their friends. We can barely do that still even with this. Needs way more work.

3 Likes

Looking forward to inviting my horde alts into my guild family.

1 Like

How do we talk to the other faction to know of recruiting guilds?

Will it be seamless to just faction change while in the guild or does it remove you and you need to be re-invited via battle.net friends?

3 Likes

Finally my druid will go back to being a night elf.

Shoes will again be an option.

5 Likes

Opposite-faction guildmates can only play communally inside instances; they’ll still be considered Unfriendly to each other (or Hostile in War Mode) in the outdoor world.

This line seems like it COULD be that hope a lot of us are looking for for queued content. Otherwise it’s kind of stupid to re-state something that’s been part of the game since last expansion.

2 Likes

The open world faction barriers are hard-baked into the game. There’s no way around them.

I’ve been pointing out to people for ages that while there can be work-arounds for chat and inside instances, there’s just no way around it in the open world.

And for a while now, people kept telling me I was wrong.

Turns out I was right.

I do the same. It doesn’t sound like that will work cross faction. :crying_cat_face: Which means I will probably have to activate a 2nd account to invite like the old days.

unity won over division.