Play a Enh shaman on TBC then come back and play the “new” shaman. Tell me what feels more satisfying

Not looking to get flamed here, just my personal opinion. Enh shaman just isn’t an enhancement shaman. It used to be a wild frenzied battle mage of sorts. It felt “explosive” it was competitive. I’d rather hit the 3 buttons I did in the then the 6 we hit now. Instead of tickling everything to death and casting lightning bolts? Keep lightning bolts and chain lightning to elemental.

The staple of enhancement shaman was popping double wind fury weapon and having a giant whirling tornado around your character while watching these giant yellow crits pop off. It was SO satisfying. I don’t mind keeping up a flame shock. Earth shock and storm strike on cool down. Windfury isn’t even noticeable now. It’s not fun to have all these dots ticking. Because that’s what it feels like. Nothing enhanced about an enhancement shaman.

The class is going in the wrong direction. Make windfury feel like a staple again. I’m begging the devs. Go play a tbc sham and play retail. Tell me which one feels more rewarding/satisfying

8 Likes

well. considering WF is doing like 70% of our damage in beta, i think its a staple again.

i prefer the big SS crit ele blast chunkers that mop was.

3 Likes

They “just” buffed it a couple of days ago and that’s through a legendary, before that it was not performing well. Keep a close eye on windfury next week it will be nerfed in the next buuild. Also, you will see lightning bolt above windfury attack in many scenarios (from videos I have watched) LIGHNING BOLT!!! It’s an elemental shaman’s main ability. The devs need to pause and think about this spec. Name another spec as troubled as enhancement has been since after mop

I’ve played TBC Enh fairly recently, and for PvP it’s incredibly toxic design. It would be like if Warlocks now randomly Chaos Bolted when casting Incinerate. There’s nothing redeemable about that level of uncontrolled burst against other players.

That said, there’s something liberating about 75-80% of your damage in PvE coming from autos and WF. You can more reasonably spend GCDs twisting totems, purging, generally leveraging utility without a massive DPS loss. For a class that you’d think would be filled with utility totems , this design makes sense, and still requires high uptime on target to maximize output.

They COULD go down that road and it would be fairly unique, but I don’t think they’ll be that bold unfortunately.

2 Likes

I like how SL enhance plays for the most part. I just really despise the 50% nerf to baseline spells. Would feel so much better about things if it was 100% baseline w/each MSW stack at +10% damage/heals and -10% mana cost.

Either that or make baseline spells instant at 50% strength and make MSW just about +damage/healing.

7 Likes

I fully agree. I think slands has better bones for the spec. I was just trying to see the potential in a more TBC-esque design for Enh in the modern day.

There is a buff coming. Patch notes have said Windfury Weapon is jumping from 10% to 32% and the totem is getting a small tweak as well.

I agree, Lightning was a ranged pull at best. Adding it to our rotation was just silly. If they would uncouple our shocks (Frost and Flame) that would be better.

Neither. Legion/BfA was better. It needed tweaks, not gutting. I get people didn’t like builder/spender, but destroying it entirely for what they’ve given us now was not the way to go.

I like the MSW lightning casts. I just wish they were a little more impactful and felt a little more like spenders/finishers. Which is why I’d like to see them bumped about 50%. Either by removing the 50% nerf baseline and making it +10% per stack so 5 MSW = 150% baseline or moving the nerf to 25% so baseline casts are at 75% w/100% MSW bonus making it 150%.

2 Likes

It just doesn’t feel good to have Lightning in the middle of our rotation.

There are times when i don’t even have a proc for it, and end up with nothing else left but auto attack or a hard cast LB.

It’s not fun. Giving us access to our shock separately would be much better.

1 Like

I think making baseline spells instant cast at 50% strength is a compromise that ends up still not making the spells very fun/strong. I’d really rather the 50% weaker spells aura just get removed.

Yeah, I’d rather they reverse the 50% nerf then make baseline instant cast at half strength. Just throwing out options because what we have right now (50% strength hard cast for full mana cost) is stupid.

Everyone seems to agree that enhance shaman survivability is garbage and makes them a bottom tier spec for PvP and at best a mid-tier spec for PvE. Why Blizzard has to add to our woes by nerfing our baseline healing 50% is beyond me.

We’ve been waiting two years for Blizzard to fix the mess it made of enhance at the beginning of BFA and to see these unnecessary nerfs and enhance at the bottom as a widely dismissed meme spec in PvP AGAIN is infuriating.

3 Likes

Windfury should be 100% melee damage PLUS bonus attack power

I dont care if its passive

Lb should be 100% damage as well, PLUS msw bonus.

We are ENHANCEMENT shaman. Not _bunch-of-procs-and-modifiers-to-get-back-to-normal-damage" shaman.

3 Likes

Lightning Bolt is actually EVERY Shaman’s main ability.

Its the ability you start the game with as Shaman.

3 Likes

My shaman was my first character I ever created when I started playing in Vanilla. It was so good back then. I remember doing a game of WSG in the level 30 bracket playing two handed enhancement, grabbed the enemy flag and made it to our roof to wait for the return of ours. A night elf rogue opened up on me and stunned me, as soon as the stun wore off and turned around and proceeded to one shot him with a single windfury proc, that’s what I think about when I think of enhancement, not the little tickler the spec is today, which is why I play elemental and resto only now.

1 Like

You have very poor memory of enhance in TBC. It didn’t even become competative until wrath. TBC was vanilla enhance but DW. It still ran out of mana and was brought because lust was a party only buff and had better totems. And double WF was nerfed before TBC went live

I mean the main issue is we need more damage. atm we need more damage and survibiability.

1 Like

It did have unleashed rage (10% AP buff to party) and a 30 sec duration (!) shamanistic rage that regened mana though.

1 Like

Sham rage was a 2 min cd tho. You couldn’t go ham in that 2 min or you would run out of mana so it held enhance back. It wasn’t until wrath it was reduced to 1 min and MSW made spells free so you could go ham and last between CDs. Then the ICC set added the dmg buff to it and things got real spicy

We didn’t have anything to go ham on. The rotation was shocks + stormstrike. If you were in a raid you totem twisted. even then it was hard to oom since we didn’t have anything to really burst with.

edit: unless you used frost shock which cost a crap ton of mana and did more damage but also increased threat, so I don’t see any one really using that constantly.

Ham is just a figure of speech. OP said enhance in tbc was competative when it was not. totem twisting drained mana and you would also fit lightning bolts into the SS nature debuff window. This was also done when you targeted rogue leather that hardly had int so your mana pool was small cuz the tier sets were for resto