Pit of Saron TW

I remember tanking Heroic PoS when it was current content, and I don’t remember it being this difficult. Maybe it’s because when you LFD back then, you had to qualify to queue for heroics.

Mechanics heavy fight right?

2 Likes

Did you? I think back then it was only a Ilevel requirment. think you still need that today. Heroic qualifiers via Trials was a WoD thing.

Also pits sucked… that alleyway up to the cave and the cave it self was a noobtrap.

6 Likes

You’re probably right.

Yea a good tank can carry pit of saron. There’s actually a lot mechanics and knowledge on the tank for this dungeon, the last boss being hard if you don’t know what you’re doing. I actually tank myself and haven’t wiped once in PoS tw.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty cancerous tw dungeon but I completed it twice this week. I would be lying if I said I enjoyed it or don’t fight the urge to leave the instance.

:laughing:

4 Likes

The skeleton packs right before the cave are actually quite overtuned. If your healer doesn’t spam heal the tank, you’ll wipe. PoS was never this hard in Wrath.

1 Like

Have never had an issue with pit of saron, other than the last boss if people don’t know not to dps or heal when they have brand

Only if people don’t know how to kick their aoe spell…

2 Likes

The tuning on it is pretty random, I think they spiked the difficulty of TW up a bit to compensate for corruptions and stuff so if you have a leveling group its a nightmare.

I do remember the first week of WoTLK TW though, scourgelord tyrannus’ tank knockback was actually 1 shotting people.

We wiped like 3 times on first boss, none on second, and once on last. The one time we wiped on last boss, we had him under 7k HP when he stunned me, killed me, then picked off the rest of the group.

Back when WotLK was current, I believe you had to complete the non-heroics first, so you had some inkling of mechanics/strategy…or did you? I don’t remember. LFG was brand spankin’ new when those were released.

Seems like there is always at least one overtuned dungeon for each timewalking event… PoS for Wrath, Spires for WoD, etccc… I see these threads alot. IMHO they need to at least make the reward worth the effort.

1 Like

Tell me this have any of you did the dungeon not in que,go into that dungeon and whine up with the TW dungeon? It could be a glitch.

Mechanic heavy? You just hide behind the rock and get out of ice aoes, it’s not a hard dungeon at all…

Why are you addressing me? OP is complaining not I sir.

I haven’t had issues so far. I remember it being pretty hard in wrath too but it was supposed to be. The only real problem I see is if morons try to skip the packs on the hill after krick and ick because it never works. The trash before the cave isn’t too bad just need to watch for the frost circle cast.

It’s certainly the hardest of the time walking dungeons but it was always a harder than normal dungeon, second only to Halls of Reflection. It’s basically a M0 dungeon in a sea of heroics.

That’s right.

And PoS and HoR were a good measure of a player knowing their stuff, so long they were not already overgeared. I dunno how the scaling works but when wrath tw came out, we were all scaled down to 187 ilvl, which is like, questing blues? Heroic wotlk epics were ilvl 200 and icc heroic epics were 232, so maybe the scaling was off.

Yesterday I had a healer that kept turning into a bear and taunting Tyranus off icy patch (I was tanking) I think people are confused about the dungeon mechanics.

1 Like

Agreed, however, I do think there’s a good deal of just familiarity with the dungeon that will help. And there are some mechanics outside the boss fights - and outside Garfrost - that can wipe: big one being that ring of frost that the skeletal mages cast just prior to the gauntlet. Seem innocuous at first. Another is Tyrannus’ brand, and how it can get ‘interesting,’ paired with corruption.

Pulling Krick and Ick before clearing the area of trash can also be trixy, as well as not moving from the exploding affect. I’ve seen that reck a player or two.

Regardless, I do agree it’s a pretty straight-forward dungeon, but I’m also biased having played it when it was current. (that hilt!)

They’re still overtuned. Weren’t that powerful in Wrath, I remember, I did it all the time over a decade ago.

Yeah, that’s pretty much the only way I was able to survive (early on, before getting ICC geared) some of his ‘power overwhelming’ casts, with the slow.