Picking Up Aggro From Other Players' Tagged Mobs Without Having Buffed/Healed/AoE'd

You should be able to poly a mob whether or not it’s your tag.

Don’t know what to tell you, I’m not able to.

Can confirm “Target is tapped” issue when trying to poly another person’s mob on my mage. If it’s grey bar, i can’t sheep it. Don’t remember that being in vanilla cause, ahem, Poly’ing a tapped mob was a great way of annoying jerks by resetting the mob’s health. Can’t do that now?

2 Likes

Tested it again last night, confirmed. Can’t poly tapped mobs.

This is really a side-issue to the mob aggro, though.

Here’s another post about it, also getting almost zero attention: Mob aggro reset question - #7 by Doodel-kromcrush

I am having this issue too while playing a mage. I had another player run by and they had 2 mobs following. I wasn’t doing anything but running and they instant went to me. Something is creating aggro. Mana regen maybe?

1 Like

Can confirm this issue

In my general report here: General mob behavior and flee mechanics

1 Like

I’ve seen it and I don’t even have a Mage. It seems to happen when a mob in combat loses its target due to death or distance and it will join in with other mobs on another target. I have had it happen to my Shaman, Warrior and Warlock.

I am not sure it is a bug though as I vaguely remember it happening in Vanilla as well. I just didn’t run into it a lot as I started later in Vanilla and none of the zones were that crowded.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t remember this from Vanilla. Normally you’d have to enter combat and engage the mob with an ability or something before they’d aggro you.

Mob behavior seems to be working more like EQ when players could train mobs into proximity of other players and they’d aggro them.

1 Like

I’m having PTSD flashbacks.

TRAIN TRAIN!!! ZONE OUT!!!

Ah the good old days

1 Like

D’Vinn and Emp to zone, left side!

Karnor’s Castle. Never forget :joy:

1 Like

Bump, have noticed both issues with aggro as well as the tapped poly bug.

1 Like

Also had this issue with my hunter. So it’s not limited to mages. Had one hell of a time in Redridge with gnolls and murlocs and people running past us with these mobs. The mobs then turn on us if we’re in combat with one of their kind.

1 Like

Did those mobs remain tagged by the original people for you?

In thinking back on this, with Spirit bond on my pet, that’s a healing effect, right? I know healing draws aggro, so maybe for hunters with Spi bond, this pulls aggro somehow? Still clueless on mages…

Healing feels like it puts you in combat with every single mob in a 40 yd radius. I was questing near an alliance paladin, but at least 30 yards away and we were pulling different packs. I healed between pulls, and the mobs didn’t aggro, but then the paladin bubbled, and all 4 of the mobs he was fighting ran straight for me, over 30 yards away.

1 Like

I think this is an issue across all classes. I was in STV the other day in the skullsplitter area and someone tagged that big boss guy in the cave. I was outside fighting a separate mob. The other guy ran off and either died or had the distance reset, either way all 6 of the mobs he had aggro’d now all jumped on me. I never shot any of them, my pet never attacked them, and I was not even close to where the mob spawned at. So weird.

2 Likes

I don’t get how this thread doesn’t have more traction. This is truly game breaking. I have video clips (though I don’t have anything to use to edit them down in size) of this problem.

I was about 50 yards from another player. I pulled a mob from a camp. Other mobs did not pull. Few seconds later, another player, not near me, pulls a mob from the camp. I kill my mob. I cannot eat and am stuck in combat till the other mob dies, which is like 50 yards away. How does that make any sense?

STV, that captains quest where you have to go onto the 3 boats, GL doing that with anything less than a full group of 5 people. If you pull a mob down stairs, the entire boat will pull once you start fighting for unknown reasons.

3 Likes

Been seeing this bug as well. Blizz needs to fix this ASAP as it’s way too easy to grief/exploit other players.

3 Likes