Pick the right covanant for soulbinds or gg

if two of the same spec say enhancement pick different soulbinds one will perform less then the other.

if you invest your time in to a covenant grind which is what it looks like make sure you pick the right souldbind instead of covenant.

unless you dont care then dont get mad if another enhance shaman out dps you.

soulbinds are what shadowlands will be about.

With all the live beta testing bfa has become, all the chopping and changing. I feel the same thing will happen to shadowlands, and when people pick one covenant ability because its overpowered and blizzard nerf/change it mid expansion, people will rage

3 Likes

no only that when they see another shaman getting higher dps from soulbinds from another covenant they will rage even more.

pick the right soulbinds in shadowlands over anything else.

They do this now with essences/corruptions/traits/specs/classes.

They call it balance and it is really just altering the meta so you play more and they can put out less.
Less content
Less effort
Delay the next xpac
More boosts
In the end whatever allows the consumer to keep subscribing with their costs staying low.

3 Likes

soulbinds will make or break you in shadowlands the covenants abilities will get nerfed at some point.

According to the “live” stream, Soulbinds are easily changed. I’m not too worried about making sure I pick the wrong ones.

100% agree with them tuning the game such that what starts best might end up worst, or middle of the pack, etc. I honestly might pick my covenant based on the unique feature. If I have to farm or host a party as a regular in-game exercise, I might actually scream.

you can only pick soulbinds of the covenant you picked so if you invest time in to the wrong soulbind then want to change covenants becuase they nerfed the covenant ability…its gg.

you will have to re get the other soulbinds of the new covenant.its best to pick the right soubind from the start.

Hopefully there will be at least one SB that’s close enough in each faction. Or maybe there will be a catch up system that helps you respec into a different faction as major patches come out and severely change which is the optimal faction.

What overall % of your damage profile is constituted by soulbinds, and what will the difference between best and worst be?

If you don’t have the answers, claiming “it’s gg” is too sensationalist for my blood.

4 Likes

you need to re watch the video and re learn what ion said about souldbinds.

I’m begging you, in the future, if you’re going to quote something I say, at least address the content of the quote. Otherwise, I’d ask you don’t quote me or respond if you have no intention of having a discussion.

im begging you to watch the video its up on the site other wise we cant talk about it anymore.

ion tells you in the video just watch it.

Ion in no way, shape, or form provides the answer to the question Raigor posed. In short, you may need to rewatch it if you think he does.

1 Like

i think you need to because he made it clear that soulbinds will effect you chr more then covenant abilities.

Just because soulbinds will dramatically change how you play, that doesn’t necessarily mean we know what percentage of damage they will hold, nor do we know how just how badly punishing it will be to choose the second or third best SB.

I’m going to assume at this point you can’t read the question, don’t know what it means, or are purposefully being obtuse.

p.s. Ion didn’t answer that question.

any questions on soulbinds just watch the video i cant help it if you wont.

it will be dramatic the ways soulbinds change it feels like no one watched or paid attention to the video…lol.

I’m honestly past giving the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a lot of these systems and shadowlands just looks like it’s going to be littered with “incorrect choices”.

If I thought that one character was going to be within a % of another I wouldn’t care so much but when you go back and look at anything released in legion or BFA how good did it feel to play with the second and third best traits?

4 Likes

and nerfed covenant abilities thats why i made the post.if you care about doing and end game m+ or raids you will pick the covenant that offers the most dps soulbinds.

are they going to nerf soulbinds?..lol.