Phasing in the maw

There are quite a few group quests required for advancing in the Maw. Unfortunately, when I try to create a group to complete them, the game will not sync our phases. How are we supposed to complete this content under these circumstances?

2 Likes

This behavior is intentional as per this blue post: Grouping in the Shadowlands

To phase to the same group as your groupmates in maw, you need to go to oribos and then back to the maw and you should be in the right phase (assuming war mode matches). If you started the group while in maw, people that join will need to do the same.

My point is that it stinks! If it’s intentional, it was a very, very bad decision.

2 Likes

Curious as to the purpose of that design. Is it that they just are unable to phase the maw properly for groups or do they have a reason to do it that way? I can think of no potential purpose.

Regardless, it is not likely that random people will hearth out of the maw, portal to Oribos, wait for all members of a group to do the same, and then all jump into the maw at the same time or do you have to all enter at the same time? Regardless, it seems needlessly time consuming. I miss the old system where you could easily group up (the one they ended because it was too easy to form groups and finish content more quickly than intended).

2 Likes

I otherwise enjoy the Maw, but this is terrible design with multiple group quests. Please make it work like LFG everywhere else.

3 Likes

Or at least make Maw group quests obtained in Oribos if you’re going to insist on this design.

1 Like

I don’t 100% read that this issue in the Maw is intentional, but the fact that Kaivax’s post is a month old is rather telling. If they have decided to keep this as is, that’s terrible design, and I’ve certainly found a new GD thread to spam in.