Phasing Annoyances

Why in the world is Phasing as buggy as it is? It seems to be happening more and more recently where I’m fighting a mob or a rare and just get phased in to a different shard. Why in the world is phasing even allowed during combat?

7 Likes

It is known.

Ravij has been making it a mission to draw the attention of the powers that be, but so far it remains a problem.

This happened to me last week when I was trying to kill the Dragon Boss from the Fyrakk Assault. The progress bar would fill to about 80% and then I’d be phased to a shard where it was at 0%. This happened about 7 times in the span of 2 hours.

6 Likes

So… Known about but Blizzard seems to be refusing to acknowledge it. And Ravij is going to be losing his Community Council spot soon so… Yeah, no, stuff like this is extremely frustrating.

Why do you say he’ll be losing his spot?

That also means that players who joined the Council in the first couple of months of 2023 will depart, and that’s a different set of behind-the-scenes work.

1 Like

Hopefully whoever gets the position can continue pushing it. Because it really is inexcusably bad. The phasing/sharding or whatever, yeah I get the intent behind it. I’m cool with the intent. But it should be an invisible, seamless function. And it should absolutely never occur while a player is in combat.

3 Likes

Once upon a time, we couldn’t phase/shard in combat. Why don’t we flip that switch back on.

5 Likes

If it is true that the WoW population has significantly shrunk since the WotLK days, why was phasing/sharding/whatever introduced into the game? I am by far not a tech person…I just don’t understand why this was put into the game when it apparently wasn’t needed back in the WotLK days. Well, at least I don’t ever remember it being an issue back then.

1 Like

I’ll be in Goldshire with 5 people, and get phased out of no where alone. I feel like I’m being punished :frowning:

1 Like

Stop deluding yourselves, Ion and Co don’t care about open world content problems so it will never be fixed. Sadly they only care about their precious raiders and dungeoneers.

I dare any blue poster to try and change my mind, I know they won’t though.

2 Likes

This is about the size of it. “Fixes” in the past have been slapdash at best and spiteful at worst. They eliminated the ability of legitimate players to farm mats for profit in the service of not allowing people to play on low-pop servers and throwing us the bone of, well, for .317 seconds, you can gather that node too, so people sharding off high-pops can’t strip-mine resources from low-pop ones and leave you with nothing.

They should just let people play on low-pops who want to. Farming mats is easy there but you pay for it with everything being expensive. It was the way to go if you were the antisocial and self-sufficient type.

I’ll be here for 45 days still and it’s a big MAYBE. I did reapply but we’ll see! In the event I don’t get approved I’m going to try to find someone to carry on my good work.

As for this thread?

4 Likes

Ah good to know. I hope you keep fighting the good fight for whatever time you have left. Sad that it seems to be falling on deaf ears, though.

1 Like

Today i was doing a wall climbing WQ i phased and fell to my death. it was lovely.

Holy hell today the Sharding is even worse than ever before… Been forced to different Shards 5 different times now in the past hour trying to do the Fyrakk event. SOMETHING has got to be done about this. It’s beyond crazy that not even Blizzard’s own appointed Community Council has received any type of response on this garbage.

1 Like