Phase 3 Announcement Please

Phase 3 fixes nothing. The game has inherent flaws, and the future changes they have slated only make them worse.

3 Likes

They said the XP boost drop was the halfway point.

no they didn’t… What they said was
“Going forward, we are also looking at leveling adjustments for when phase 3 launches and the level cap raises to 50. We’d also like to continue to make mid-phase adjustments like this to help smooth over the leveling curve for alts a bit, or help those leveling a bit slower to get that nudge over the finish line. We think alts are great and we want you to feel good about playing them, and we think this will help.”
Mid-phase doesn’t mean half-way. It means during. If that was the halfway point it would mean p2 is less than 2 months and p3 would be starting in like 2 weeks

didnt say they 2-3months? everyone seems to have different info.

I would say it’s because Blizz completely underestimated the popularity. I think they thought it would play out like the other gimmicky “Seasons”. Where it’s popular on week 1 but quickly dies out…

What they said was:

This was the part that implied March 5th was ‘a mid-point of this current phase’.

2 Likes

“a” midpoint is not the same as “the” midpoint. js

What is your definition of mid-point?

what is their definition of a mid point / pretty soon?

Thats the question

1 Like

a point in the middle, not necessarily the precise middle point. Like the difference between mean and median.

1 Like

Sure, but in this context, ‘a mid-point’ would imply March 5th. Which would allow for any Thursday in April for the release date of Phase 3 and still line up with a 10 week cadence just like Phase 1 had.

It’s unfortunate that it seems likely we’re not getting Phase 3 until May, because frankly, Phase 2 didn’t have nearly enough content to be worth 3+ months.

and scroll down in that same post they say mid-phase… either way a mid-point doesn’t mean half-way, it means not the start or finish. As much as people wanted that to be what it means that’s just not how words work.

Fair enough, not here to argue semantics with you lol. Only here to express my own dissatisfaction with the unfortunate lack of communication we’ve been getting recently.

It means, sit down and eat your peas if you want dessert.

I want to talk to the manager

1 Like

it’s only implied if you read it that way - manage your own expectations.

Screw that, I’ll just run out of the room and then race back in right as desert is being set down like the gremlin I am.

The TM made me chuckle. 10/10 post

1 Like

Right, if you want to try and nitpick reasoning, then you saying “they said at the beginning each phase would be 3/4 months” no, actually they said 2/3

Where’s your rush? It’ll come.