Phantasma slime: yea or nay?

Thia week both towers have the torment that summons the sline that grifts you for a good chunk of your phantasma, then zips around uncontrollably and tries to escape.

As a tank I find this super frustrating because I am barely chipping away at its hp even with cooldowns. If I get a bad string of powers, it seems to be gf just ignore every one that spawns because, oh jeez, it just spawned in the middle of a big pack / when I pulled 2 elites, etc.

I thought we got rid of the old affixes because they were annoying. Why are we putting them back? No one likes having random mobs spawn on you with no forewarning.

But, hey, maybe it’s just me. The other affixes I have found largely fine. Like the death bomb or bolstering. The phantasma slime really messes up my pulls.

1 Like

The worst one for me has been getting horrified if you get to 40% HP (once every two minutes max). Died several times on multi-elite pulls since by the time I’m not horrified anymore, you’re dead or past the point that you can salvage the pull. I don’t like the Phantasma slime, but it hasn’t ruined any runs for me yet.

3 Likes

Yeah, that one would be bad for DPS. I think as a tank I am less annoyed by it because I am usually chunky enough to live through and blow my defensives to self-heal. But I have eaten dirt from that a couple times.

This one is by far the worst. It seems bugged to not actually occur at 40% but any random HP% that it feels like proccing at. I’ve seen it proc as high as 80%

The phantasma slime thing, that’s more of a Blessing than a Torment, it’s basically a bunch of free phantasma for 2 shotting a random spawning mob. By far the easiest to deal with

1 Like

That slime spawned for my mage mid elite pull. I Greater invised to put my full focus on it…and it evade bugged all the way to the bank. 10/10 would rage again.

1 Like

Honestly the only way I’ve dealt with that stupid slime since I usually run solo in Resto on my Shaman is if I think I’m due for the stupid thing to spawn, like right before a pull with a couple elites or a boss because RNGesus is sadistic, is I’ll just stand there and wait for it to. I’m not making the timer anyway, and I’m not having my Hoarder bonus screwed by a slime right before the floor 5 boss dies.

Really? My experience with the slime thus far is that it is basically free.

as a solo tank?

When you get a string of awful defensive powers, where nothing synergizes, it’s just chip chip chip, ooh he’s escaped :frowning:

I got 4 corrosive dosage last week so I was doing good damage, but this week rngesus really Likes giving me bad karma and garbage talents

In a group its no problem but solo, especially as a class that doesn’t get many burst powers its annoying as it forces you to completely stop your run to attack a dumb slime.

Last time I had this I had decided to solo as guardian for practice. Unless I used convoke I wouldn’t come close to killing it.

Worse than anything was that it twice spawned when I had the final elite mob nearly killed. After expending all my cd’s I’d suddenly be faced with trying to kill this mob and there was no chance.

I quit that run and decided it wasn’t worth the effort.

Another incident just popped into my head. A blob spawned the moment I cast a grappling hook to another platform. I immediately tried to grapple back, I landed, hit it with a nuke and it evaded, presumably from me being in the air, then promptly despawned before I had managed more than a couple of globals.

Hey Blizzard, this isn’t fun, how about you guys do us a solid and just remove this annoyance that adds nothing of value to your game?

1 Like

The slime’s annoying, but mostly manageable. The torment I especially hate is the boss add, since it basically ensures you’re not getting the quick kill bonuses.

Incidentally, it’s important to remember that the blessings and torments change daily. If you don’t like the set on a given day for a given wing, just come back the next day (unless you put everything off until Monday - in which case you’re screwed).

Who, me? Procrastinate on choreghast? ME?

Pretty confident that the torments are daily, not weekly. As someone who runs this more than they have to, I never have the same stuff day by day and I just don’t run when torments that are awful are up.

1 Like

I do not like that slime and it still has the same issues I pointed out on the PTR. It’s hard to tell when it spawns if you’re moving forward and it can spawn just before you transition. It has too much hp for me to kill reasonably fast on my healer.

It’s not as blatantly bad as the broker torment was though before it got removed. hehehe

oh lordy what was that

I have to wonder then if the slime has different scaling when you are a tank (is that even a thing?)

It’s got as much health as your standard non elite and and you’ve got 20-30 seconds to kill it, and I believe you can stun it; plenty of time.

If you can’t kill it in that time, are your clears taking over an hour?

It can mess you up if say you pull a double elite pack and then it spawns, but that’s the only time I’ve had troubles with it.

As far as I’m concerned there are far scarier torments.

Mobs in torghast will usually adjust their health (and other stats) depending on things like group size, whether you’re a healer or a tank, etc. So a solo tank and especially solo healer has mobs with much less health than a solo DPS.

Except the slime, because it doesn’t update properly (it’s pretty typical of summoned-in mobs), so it has the same health regardless of being grouped, being a solo DPS, solo healer, or solo tank. Which often means that a solo tank or healer can’t kill it unless they’ve gotten some good powers. Does make it utterly trivial in a group though.

I take everything back, doom orbs are The Worst.

1 Like