Pets only for classic

I really dont understand how or why the idea of battle pets unique to any classic version of wow is allowed to only be useable there and not in retail. Like i have no reason/desire to play classic other than these pets that they could have just put in the real version of the game.

18 Likes

Hard agree here.

What’s even sillier is the pets are purely cosmetic for Classic, but mounts can actually be used. Yet, they’re giving us mounts and the Classic players pets? Why not just give both versions the pet and the mount?

Like, what is this trying to accomplish? This isn’t going to get pet battlers over to Classic, and as for collectors, maybe they’re just trying to boost the; “Look how many people logged into Wrath Classic this month!” Which is just…an awful way to boost a metric when giving the pet and mount to both Classic and Retail players would accomplish the exact same thing without both sides being dissatisfied.

11 Likes

Agreed. It really doesnt make any sense to me.

3 Likes

Came here to complain about the same thing, I was annoyed with the bunny, even more agitated when they did it with the fish and now seeing Flurky i’m just really mad.
It’s such a stupid thing to do, the point of classic is to ‘go back in time’ to those expansions. These pets were never there then!!! So to give them to classic only and not retail is just an overall stupid decision.
I want Flurky in retial so bad :frowning: And the fish and bunny too :frowning:

14 Likes

Ditto to everything already said. I very much dislike the idea and implementation of Classic-only pets. Especially since they’re technically new (even if it’s a reskin with extra accessories attached).

How about they include existing pets in Classic, instead of brand new additions? I’m sure there are a handful of current pets from Retail that wouldn’t be too disruptive if awarded earlier than the current Classic-expansion. Bakar Companion? If Dragonflight-Classic ever comes out, just means those that got the promotional version of that pet won’t have to worry about seeing it drop from Grand Hunts. I wouldn’t mind pets like that being included as a Classic reward.

3 Likes

This means they can’t be leveled or used in pet battles?

The pets in Classic are not battle pets and thus cannot be leveled or battled. They are purely there for companionship.

2 Likes

Yeah, batttle pets weren’t a thing until Pandaria. And if I remember right it wasn’t even until Wrath that they got their own collection page, before that they were items that needed to be kept in your bag or bank and then clicked on to summon them.

And even then they were character specific. I remember engineers had several pets they could make, but that were soulbound once made, which annoyed me because that wasn’t the character I mostly collected pets with.

So yeah, I don’t really understand the whole concept of new pets for what’s supposed to be Classic.

2 Likes

That being the case, then I’m afraid I’m not much overcome with indignation.

I’m not a fan of non-combatant pets. They can keep their Blorp and Wondrous Wisdomball. At least Uuna allowed me to get Baa’l and had a somewhat interesting questline involved in the process.

2 Likes

Blizzard may be doing a long-play on the Classic collectibles. At some point in the future they may announce “Classic collectibles are now available in the main game!” Now anyone that wants them has to buy/play Classic.

I can’t even FIND Flurky (got Sunny immediately in retail; have checked classic and cannot find the murloc. (I tried Shift P – did I do the wrong thing? I can find other pets.)

Go talk to an Innkeeper in your faction’s capital city. Also, make sure you are in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

1 Like

Agreed - I want all the pets to be available in retail. Is that too much to ask?

4 Likes

yes im bumping my own old thread because oh look theres another classic specific pet on the ptr

3 Likes

sighs in Retail pet collector & WarcraftPets admin :melting_face:

4 Likes

raises my hand … stop gatekeeping pets with classic. sigh.

2 Likes