Petition: We want Gouge

Poisons and SnD is decent.
It is not preperation, but that is expected.

We want gouge back. Gouge gives rogues control, and feeds the class fantasy. It allows us to recoup some energy for better plays, use a bandage, possibly get stealth if we are lucky…

hopefully enough people feel the same to make this thread stick.

37 Likes

Agreed. I play rogue in both classic+retail and gouge would pretty much have me content for shadowlands. There are very few disorienting attacks in game and way too many stuns so having gouge would be a nice option that wont compound with everyone else’s CC and diminishing returns.

5 Likes

Retail Browntoast here to also add that Preparation would be amazing. Making Ambush feel like it hits a bit harder than a deflated balloon animal would be welcomed too. That is all!

3 Likes

I sign for this to come back. It just feels right for it to happen. Hell, we had more options in Vanilla than we do now.

11 Likes

Well said.

Slice & dice / Poisons / Shiv / 1-charge Shadow Dance, etc are all great

but gouge NEEDS to return

11 Likes

I could see sub getting it. They aren’t going to give it to assassination when it already has garrotte.

Ditto here

2 Likes

TBC or Wrath version plz. The cooldown was dumb, energy cost on demand was amazing and a useful counter play mechanic being that you cannot dodge, block, parry shiv. =)

2 Likes

I dont know if other Rogues feel this way, but for me buying/playing Shadowlands depends entirely on whether we get Gouge back to baseline or not. If Blizzard is seriously dropping the ball on this yet again, I will just wait for Classic TBC.

4 Likes

Systemlands has bigger problems to be honest but yeah the lack of unpruning for Rogues like Gouge is a big concern too.

3 Likes

Can we get premed back too?

7 Likes

With SnD back I wouldn’t mind seeing Premed back in the PvE aspect of the game too.

Ditch SnD and give us gouge! Bake Poison bomb into Envenom and make it feel heavy hitting not just a buff/debuff applier.

Nah SnD made it feel like there was an actual rotation. Bring back savage roar for feral too

3 Likes

i really hope you guys get gouge back. i loved watching my rogue partner back in the day gouge blinks. the abilities that allow you to showcase skill should never be pruned.

3 Likes

It’s not about how we feel. It’s about how Blizzards says we should feel.

1 Like

haha yes, however pvp vendors are coming back! and that stemmed from a thread people wouldnt let disappear from the front page.

2 Likes

I agree. What the heck. They shouldnt have removed gouge. Was another move. Gave us some control.

4 Likes

Well I won’t say much regarding Assa, however:

For SUBTLETY, having Slice & Dice back is fantastic. As Thellendir said, Slice & Dice actually makes our rotation feel decent/good again rather than empty due to a lack of finishers.

Sub only has TWO finishers in BFA, which is disgusting when a DEFINING aspect of Sub used to be having multiple utility finishers that provided different damaging enhancements to the rotation.
Having Slice & Dice rounds out the rotation very well for SUB.

Gouge should also return as well.

exactly this.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. Gouge is fun, iconic, and an obvious choice for unpruning. They took it away from Subt because they got more CC with more Dance charges, but that is changing.

6 Likes