Petition to remove Ashran as a battleground

Just as the title says this is a petition to remove Ashran as a battleground, it was horrible back in Warlod of Draenor and is even worse now, absolutely no one seems to like it, its not fun, its laggy and it feels like a chore for the winning and losing teams, people just want it to be over either way.

All in all, its a badly designed battle, nothing against the team that designed it back in Warlord of Draenor but whoever made the choice to include it again as an Epic battleground should be ashamed of themselves, not only for being lazy and rehashing old content but rehashing BAD old content.

Anyway, this is probably one of the many petition and complaining post about Ashran, I don’t expect any changes to be done but I felt like saying something about it, even without the lag is a boring dull BG. Don’t even need to replace it, just remove it altogether or let me blacklist it. /rant

Also while we are at it reduce the Wintergrasp time by at least 5 to 10 minutes.

12 Likes

Ok, whose alt are you? Been so many of these “Ashran” threads lately :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anyways, Ashran is fine. I quite enjoy it actually.

If you don’t like long bgs, stick to 10/15-man bgs. Don’t try to “shorten” games in 40-man bgs, some of us actually prefer longer games.

3 Likes

I don’t mind Ashran so much anymore (horde side) after they changed it so you don’t have to collect crap for turnins… It is nice to not have it pop nearly every game though.

1 Like

The only problem with Ashran is that no one really plays it properly anymore. Every toy and buff is ignored to just fight in the road now.

4 Likes

Just another ally slaughterfest that i just sit through waiting for AV or IoC

2 Likes

OP I agree 100% the new ashran sucks
They nee to delete this atrocity and bring back the real ashran as a separate queue.

3 Likes

I’m not going to say it’s good, but I’m also not going to say I don’t have a little fun as unholy in there. The lag is unacceptable.

IT’s the horrible Lag, the Lag in Ashran is consistent and it’s major lag like 10 secs for instant cast.

1 Like

Horde don’t lag in Ashran. Only Alliance seem to lag. I’ve confirmed this playing both sides.

1 Like

singed and wintergrasp or bring back blacklisting.

2 Likes

I’m very reluctant to queue for epic BG’s now, unless or until they re-implement blacklisting.

2 Likes

Yeah, when Ashran pops, we just leave and take the 15 min deserter penalty, its just unplayable in its current state.

2 Likes

Watch out though, some of these guys (on this particular forum) like to claim that the sky will fall if blacklisting is brought back. According to them, bringing back blacklisting would “break the game” and such.

Meanwhile, I don’t recall experiencing any negative side-effects during Legion when the blacklist feature was still in the game :thinking:

3 Likes

Plz plz plz play Ashran, I just need 30 worgen for garrison achieve. Thanks much.

Ashran would be nice if they allowed doing more than mashing 2 40 man teams together. Maybe more bosses/events that give massive buffs that allow for that tug of war effect. the bg is a lag fest where its 30 minutes of dk’s gripping for a kill or 2…

You aren’t a DH and I’ll either be in a demo or stealthed :man_shrugging:

Edit: nvm looked at your toon and set up, I wouldn’t be worried in the least.

Only epic I still do is Isle of Conquest

Ashran is hilariously Horde biased and too laggy to play.
Wintergrasp is massively biased for the defense. Also the fact it can start with one side down 4-10 players constantly kills it dead since the first minute basically decides the BG.
AV… Well it is AV

Doesn’t matter. I don’t have to kill directly. Anyone can and I have the kill too =)

Edit: I know my character sucks. I don’t care too much to improve her. I don’t want to put the time and effort into it. I just want garrison achieve that’s all.

Edit 2: it’s an OCD thing. I just like seeing the numbers move up. It’ll especially bother me to be stuck at 470 worgen kill. Forever.

But I do think blacklisting needs to come back. It would stop people leaving bgs, if they could block what they don’t like. I hate WIntergrasp myself.

Lol no worries I was only poking back. Hard to convey sarcasm.

1 Like

Seriously can we get a bump on this, freaking HATE Ashran, always have and now that they removed the option to remove 2 BG’s from random queue… I’m getting stuck in it every single day multi times a day, some times 2-3 times in a row, fix your damn algorithm or remove this horrid crap…if neither of those suit your taste then put back the ability to remove BG’s from random queue. sincerely thousands of your subscribers who are fed the hell up.