Petition to remove affixes from M+

I just can’t believe blizzard would look at a concept like m+ affixes and think it actually makes the game more enjoyable. No body likes this garbage. It makes running m+ unfair, punishing and overly difficult.

This week is a great example of how affixes are nothing but player-base deteriorating content. Tyrannical is an absolute joke. I can’t even fathom how they could look at this and be like “yep. that’s fair”.
If your IO is less than 2k or you don’t spend all day and night doing dungeons, forget about timing any keys this week.

It’s literally ruining the dungeon experience. just give us regular dungeons where the boss/mobs difficulty goes up. Everyone was so laid back and actually enjoyed running mythic dungeons. Now, majority of people are on tilt. almost everyone has a horrible, negative attitude… 1 wrong fart and you’ll be spammed by KYS and racial slurs

How have they not realized the decline yet? For the past 3 expansions in a row, they’ve rolled with this garbage not realizing it could be one many of the factors just pushing people off this game. it’s amazing how ignorant they are

19 Likes

so you’re having a little trouble with explosive huh?
:boom:

5 Likes

so you’re having a little trouble with explosive huh?

honestly explosive isnt that bad and sanguine is manageable with a good tank… it’s tyrannical that is just an absolute horror show

4 Likes

So would you suggest getting rid of fortified and tyrannical and just having the whole dungeon scale at once then?

I do like that that’d get rid of the every other weeks sucks, but might make an every week sucks situation.

So would you suggest getting rid of fortified and tyrannical and just having the whole dungeon scale at once then?

yeah that seems more enjoyable - and retains the progressive levels of difficulty which is the essence of m+, without overcomplicating it

I do like that that’d get rid of the every other weeks sucks, but might make an every week sucks situation.

thats a good point but to offset that they could just simply give us buffs throughout certain points in the dungeon.
and also lower the threshold on the key level for weekly vault rewards. SL was OK with 15s but DF’s 20 is just too damn high. i see people with a 2.5k rating who have 0 timed +20s. just unbelievable how purposely difficult they made it.

1 Like

I know how you feel, but the answer is not to take away challenging content. The solution is to just not do the challenging content. Do entry level mythic without affixes (mythic 0 or 1) and go about your day.

No, you will not have the “best” gear in the game, but you’ll have good gear. Good enough to do any world content and gear good enough to start normal raids. (If you so desire.)

Mythic+ is endgame content for people that enjoy doing dungeons. Stay away from it if that’s not your cup of tea.

6 Likes

No, you will not have the “best” gear in the game, but you’ll have good gear. Good enough to do any world content and gear good enough to start normal raids. (If you so desire.)

yeah, if that’s how you wanna play that’s fine just be prepared to be last on every meter

the point is the scaling of the difficulty and the nuances they continue to add are ruining and overcomplicating something that was meant to be both enjoyable and rewarding. it’s overly punishing just like the visions of nzoth from BFA.

you can’t tell me, just by these forums alone, there are people who have lives that enjoy RLP or NO with tyrannical or fortified. just overpowered, untuned garbage

1 Like

You could say the same thing about mythic raids or getting butt blasted by some gladiators in arena. Some things aren’t going to be fun for you, unless you’re willing to dedicate an obscene amount of time improving your personal skills and your network skills to play with a skilled group of people.

I decided a long time ago that I was done with that level of committment to a video game. I now just do what I find enjoyable. As soon as an element of the game begins to feel too soul devouring, then I just move on to something I enjoy again.

It’s okay to not have the best gear or be #1 on the meters. I am happy doing the best I can, and seeing how far I’m willing to go.

3 Likes

t’s okay to not have the best gear or be #1 on the meters.

kind of a contradictory mindset, between that and trying to justify the added difficulty of m+, a concept based on a hierarchy of rewards and difficulty

You could say the same thing about mythic raids

I am saying the same about mythic raids. 5 hours in a raid for 0 rewards? yeah, no.

I decided a long time ago that I was done with that level of committment to a video game.

and that’s my point exactly. the difficulty of m+ endgame requires a level of commitment never seen before in the past m+ seasons since its inception.

unless you’re willing to dedicate an obscene amount of time improving your personal skills and your network skills to play with a skilled group of people.

and finally lets not forget this is just a game. nothing more

What I’m saying is you don’t have to be pushing 20s to feel like you’ve accomplished anything. There is such a thing as being happy with wherever your sweet spot is. If your personal skill level and dedication places you in say 15s, then be happy. That is by no means a “bad” accomplishment.

There are a lot of folks that struggle in 10s and below. For them, just doing 2-5 is good enough. They aren’t “bad.” They just don’t want to put in the effort required to go higher. That’s fine.

I, for example, do not find mythic raiding fun. I just don’t like the atmosphere created it. I work a very stressful job all week. I don’t need to volunteer for another one in my off time.

That said, I do enjoy m+ this season. I sat out for most of shadowlands and did classic stuff.

I’m sharing this because I feel it’s relevant. I used to think my opinion about how the game was designed was more important than it really is. I used to lobby people like Ghostcrawler for design changes, etc.

Then, I realized that it’s just a game, and I’m not going to get bent out of shape about it. I’ll just find what I do enjoy and participate in that. It’s a far healthier approach to the game, IMO.

Edit: I’d like to add that I think it’s perfectly fine that very difficult content exists. It’s good that people have something to strive for. If people want to pour that much time into the game and possess the skill to perform at a high level, then hats off to them. I think it would be rather selfish to request that type of content get removed to pacify my own ego.

3 Likes

if that’s how you think, i feel the best scenario for you would be to just not play the game instead of trying to cope with some false sense of accomplishment which you perceive as acceptable but in comparison to, literally anything else, is inferior

If you did SL m+ you would know more about what i am talking about, the overcomplication of m+

And i’m also glad that m+ offers very difficult content, it just shouldn’t be reserved for people who treat this game like a second job or have over 10 hours a day of playtime. many people who do m+ have lives and cant afford that level of commitment to something that is otherwise, only a game. if this is what is considered to be required to achieve end game m+, that’s a different story and blizzard’s number show it.

I find it fun. I’m not the one complaining about the design. I said before, the moment it becomes less fun, then I do something else. I am okay with shifting my attention elsewhere. Why is that a difficult concept?

What I’m saying is you have this all or nothing attitude, which is why you seem miserable. I really want you to find your happy place. Taking a hacksaw to content that other people like is not the way to go about it. Finding what you enjoy is.

1 Like

of course not.? because “fun” in this scenario is objective. “punishing”, “unfair”, “unbalanced” and “overcomplicated” are not

if you truly are being honest by saying you find these affixes and m+ dungeons fun, then prepare to be in the minority.

many have enjoyed this game, for a long time, even through the horror of SL. now it’s getting to a point where its just blatant poor design

The first season of a new expansion is generally tougher. People that never did mythic + before, is now joining in keys, and honestly they have no idea whats going on.

I understand the frustration with affixes. Im not a fond of every week, but I mean… I dont have to play the week I dont enjoy. I do a few keys for weekly loot, but I dont feel the need of suffering with something I dont enjoy. Which is fine. No one can like everything.

Just play weeks you enjoy.

While some dungeons feel a little more challenging, and there is slight tuning issues, which they are working on, I dont know if I would find it much harder or more obnoxious then other seasons.

Its just a learning curve. And the lower key level you go, the harder it is. I have done 2 chested 18s, and I have failed 9s. As a healer it can be rough to heal through everything. In the +18, people knew to interrupt, which is not a new mechanic, they knew not to stand in bad, which is also not exactly a new mechanic.
In the +9… 0 interrupts the entire dungeon, and people where bathing in sanguine…

And dont get me started on 10s, and the new affix :joy:

I have always enjoyed m+, never been in the top, rather more in the middle pack. Im happy about the challenge, and Im fine with where Im at, and I do have plenty fun. I do think dungeons would have got a little boring without affixes. What I would want to see, is maybe just straight up new affixes every expansion. Which would make every 1st season aweful, because everyone is learning new affixes… But after 6 years with the same ones, its getting a little old :smiley:

1 Like

i’d love to see a M+ season without timer or affixes.

3 Likes

Sir, we call those m+0.

4 Likes

Just take away one or the other not both…I still say set it up like torghast where you have to pass the level to climb…so if you get at +5…you going have to do it over and over and over again…untill you pass it…no carries allowed …

I like both. I work 40-50 hours a week, have a wife and social life, and sleep 8 hours a day. I do 1-3 keys per day most days but don’t panic if I miss a day or two.

2 Likes

I like it.

Some would say it’s the only difficulty. Sure, key levels are a thing, but as a static, unchanging fixture it’s no different than raiding, which is dull after the very first kill.

1 Like

I’ve said this for YEARS. The M+ affixs should all be fun buffs while the higher the key it just scales harder with the season affix being the most fun thing, like making your weapons legendary or getting crazy damage procs like the dragon aspect of your choice appears and does crazy damage/healing etc.

2 Likes