Petition for Any Armor Type Transmog

Hey Blizzard, Your “faithful” customers want their favorite transmog on their favorite classes and not just their Alts. Anyone who wants to use transmog of a different type of armor, post on this page and let Blizzard know. It shouldn’t be to difficult. It might take a while to do but nothing to difficult as it should probably be in their system with the holiday event systems skins / transmogs.

We can hide our helms, we can hide our cloaks, we finally were able to hide our bulky mostly anti-friendly transmog shoulders. Now we can hide all but our pants / leggings. Whats next is the ability to use our favorite transmog on our favorite characters without that specific armor type class.

No Blizzard. Do not do this.

4 Likes

No, absolutely not. This should not be done. Only thing I would change is to remove class restrictions so that mages, priests, and warlocks can all mog the same stuff, etc…

5 Likes

I’ll be real here, I don’t want Blizz to just lift the armor type limitations for mogs altogether. Overall I feel like this would sort of ruin the gameplay of transmogging in a couple of ways. First, having anyone being able to, well, pretty much do anything would eliminate the challenge of collecting appearances. Second, we’d see a ton of nonsensical mogs. I’m imagining mages with mail mogs, shields, and hammers. shudders

However, I’ve been calling for some general perks that might make mog farming a little less annoying sometimes. Like, BoA items you could purchase with gold that would allow for one item’s appearance to be unlocked upon consumption, regardless of the class that looted it. For instance, my hunter looting a two-handed mace that I could not for the life of me get to drop for my Paladin, but is unlocked in my appearances anyway by way of redeeming a token.

I’ve had other ideas for making gathering mogs more productive, but honestly, it’s hard to imagine how they wouldn’t just screw the gameplay altogether. In general the biggest thing that annoys me about mog farming is running a classic raid week after week for a one-handed sword that never drops for my paladin but has dropped ten times for my shaman. I think something like a redeemable item that unlocks the appearance universally would remedy this problem without dumbing down the whole system.

1 Like

shrug There’s enough mail/plate-looking things for clothies already that I think that horse has left the barn. Stormwind set from wod garrison is plate, orgrimmar set is leather, vestments of eternal traveller are mail imo, lots of heritage armor is too heavy to really be cloth, especially dwarf, dark iron, maghar, mechagnome… you get the idea. Shields are pretty restricted but all the clothies get 1h sword or 1h mace. So you can already have a mage wearing plate and carrying Thunderfury. I’m not wedded enough to the notion that I’m going to unsub if it doesn’t happen but I see little reason to block it.

But what I’d really like to see is if someone who normally wears plate is willing to actually wear a piece of leather armor, they can transmog that piece to look like some other piece of leather armor. Same with any other “undergearing” situation - if you can wear something, you can transmog it to something else of the same armor type.

As to collecting, an idea I had is if you’re in legacy loot mode and something drops that you cannot directly use (wrong class, wrong armor type), you get a token that is BOA but has a level requirement to open that means the recipient would also qualify for legacy loot mode. That is, stuff from molten core would require level 71 to open the token. Use the token, get the BOP (so one token would exist for each BOP item in the loot table). If you don’t have someone to send it to you can open it and vendor the useless BOP just like now.

Since it only affects legacy mode BOPs, I don’t see it having a big impact on the game at large, unless there’s some item somewhere that’s still really good 11 levels later that I’m not thinking of. Might want/need to exclude legendary, or maybe not since those are soon to be xmoggable.

I do like the idea of having less armor restrictions, like:

-White and grey items for transmog (there are some unique items there!)

-Let me transmog into one armor type down, Like Mail user can also transmog leather, plate users can also transmog mail. (This is basically going back to how you used to equip leather with hunters or mail with warriors till lvl 40

I don’t know if i like that much the idea of being able to transmog into any armor type, but the idea is interesting to say the least

This. There are so many sets that would look perfect for hunters :frowning: