Pet Tokens Changed?

Hello all, my main recently got ahold of 30 Shiny Pet Charms, and planned to use them to buy some more Pet Bandages, from the vendors, but now they want Polished Pet Charms instead??
I am left wondering if it was a complete waste of time to get these charms now, as they cannot be used for anything at all, THANKS AGAIN BLIZZ.
I went to Wowhead, and got a look at the new currency, and it seems to be infinitely more difficult to come across, and this makes me even more sick to my stomach at Blizzard for refusing to leave anything fun in the game without having to make it more difficult to get…
Can anybody give me a hint on the best way to farm the new charms please??
So, I have to ask, WHY IS BLIZZARD so intent on taking things from players??
Can’t we be allowed to have anything Blizz??
Every time I login, I get to see the latest round of Blizzard atom bombs dropped on the game I used to love, and it is getting stupid now to the point where, I may actually not resubscribe again until they get a better class of devs in there!!

When the Polished Pet Charms are the reward, they come in 13-20 charms per world quest. Earlier today there were a total of 32 available from two world quests. Some days there are more than 60 available from world quests. If you have multiple 120 characters they add up very quickly. I’ve obtained 300 charms in a single day before.

You can also find missions for the Polished Pet Charms on your mission table from time to time. This can be as many as 30 as well.

1 Like

shiny charms are still useful if you want to buy pre-BFA pets/toys. All the consumables got converted, though.

Unfortunately Polished Pet Charms don’t drop at all till you’re doing BfA content. And even then only a few happen before one of your characters hits level 120.

Was some major wailing about the change in this forum when BfA launched as Blizzard hadn’t made it well-known that it was going to happen. Those who’d gotten the word had stocked up on Battle Stones and Training Stones and such, those who didn’t know were kinda screwed.

Have you gotten the Boon of the Zookeeper shoulder enchantment from Draemus in Dalaran Magical Menagerie, think it’s 200g? Can get occasional bandages and some other pet stuff from looting kills.

I stopped going for the charms from WQ’s or the table missions. I already bought all the charm pets/toys for both factions and I have 7600 of them sitting in my bank with nothing to spend them on, since I have a lot of the stones from before BfA when I used my shiny charms to buy the stones before the conversion to polished.

I would not be upset if they allowed us to exchange Polished charms for Doubloons! I have been having a hard time getting any of the Doubloons to drop for me the last couple weeks, maybe gotten a total of 20 or 25 over several characters.

it’s easy to get polished pet charms when you’re doing BfA content

no need to fReAk oUt

Or anything for that matter. I hadn’t done any IEs for like two months, so finally did some the other day on a fresh 120 for AP. Man they are so awful and boring. Treasure map gave me capt nibs, which i think i had 4 of before 8.1…

Would love another way to get dubloons, they are so slow to acquire with no meaningful progress - just random luck. Currency shouldnt be earned purely on random luck. How about some WQs or table missions or anything? At least a guaranteed drop after each IE, maybe increasing depending on speed or ratio of azerite earned vs other faction.

1 Like

I just find it strange and unrealistic that vendors in expansions that don’t give polished pet charms are demanding them.

Why can’t some things, such as pet treats and bandages, be purchased either way? Why not have some vendors offer the consumables for Shiny, while the BfA offer it for Polished?

1 Like

It’s because Blizzard wants to pressure us to level up fast and do BfA content.

Players feeling pressured to get to max level fast are more likely to pay for boosts, and having most players doing BfA content for whatever reason makes the expansion look successful.

It’s the same philosophy/greed behind the removal of portals to the Vale shrines, and removal of portals from the Vale and both Dalarans.

2 Likes

I am not doing BFA content right now, and was talking about the MASSIVE amount of pet charms that I had already stockpiled before this change came out of nowhere that are now mostly worthless…
I wanted to use them to buy pet bandages, but they are no longer able to spend on those. Plus I have no desire whatsoever to buy old pets, or battle-stones, as I already have hundreds of pets who are already leveled to 25, and are rare.
Also, nobody was 'fReAking oUt here besides you, so PLEASE stop looking for ways to flame at someone else’s posts!!

3 Likes

Making the charms available from Legion and Draenor pet battles practically useless was a really mean change. You can’t even use them for battle-stones if you wanted, they are only usable for the old pets.

If you want usable charms you’ll need to level up to 120 to do BfA battles. There’s a Legion invasion up for the next 4 hours which would get you ~2 levels, as you’re loomed. Not sure how long I’ll be on, but if you catch me before I go to bed I’ll be happy to carry you through it. (on a suitable alt, not this toon.)

Otherwise you might consider camping a trainer or two who give out pet supply bags to get bandages, or getting the shoulder enchantment from the Legion Dalaran pet shop.

4 Likes

Yes, the shinies are virtually worthless. People might say that they are good for buying the old pets… but just try selling them on the AH. it would be nice if you could at least buy bandages, or biscuits, with them, but you can’t. They really are worthless. I get what Blizz was trying to do, but not even bandages? Come on. Plus the guy who pointed out the irony of NPCs demanding BfA currency while sitting in old worlds is hilarious is totally right.

2 Likes

It didn’t really come out of nowhere. They announced it months before the expansion dropped. I spent all my charms at the time on leveling stones.

Maybe you can find someone that will trade bandages for the older pets you can still purchase with the shiny pet charms.

I believe pet bandages are bound to your battle.net account and are therefore not able to be traded unless there’s one I don’t know about.

2 Likes

Ahh yes. forgot about that. Guess my idea is a no go.

Though it seems silly that pet bandages are account bound at the same time.

I fully agree :slightly_smiling_face: