Pet Rez: shadowlands, hunters SOL

So they made it 6 seconds, reduced it to 4. Now in a moment of brilliance they have decided it’s not working for warlocks, but screw hunters???

• [Fel Domination] - Your next Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, or Felguard Summon spell is free and has its casting time reduced by 5.5 sec. Instant. 3 min cooldown.

Why do warlocks get an instant summon pet, but in the same build hunters do not get a variant of Phoenix Revival that we used to have? This random change in design philosophy makes no sense, and only serves to punish hunter. If killing pets is meant to be a viable form of counterplay then it needs to be equal among all pet classes. Otherwise hunter needs Rez to go back to 2 seconds, or be provided with a 3 minute one time instant Rez as well.

19 Likes

agreed, i can only hope after backlash and failure when SLs drops they will quickly backpedal. I would be willing to switch specs but I cant go without my exotic bois.

Because ardenweald is going thru an anima drought but demons are reformed in the twisting nether

5 Likes

I mean… my pets have died a lot over the years. I’m sure there’s plenty of ghost pets I can use that are waiting for me in Shadowlands :joy:

2 Likes

Stephen King RPG inc

8 Likes

The whole thing is bad either way. Pets are squishy. Pet AI is dumb. My pet still gets stuck half of the time on carapace of Nzoth, let alone in an arena match with people actually targeting it.

Nobody wants to play cat and mouse with pets. Nothing was wrong with the existing pet Rez system they had in BFA.

1 Like

Warlock summon with fel domination isn’t even instant, it doesn’t go below .5s so you can still be kicked. As of now, the buff itself can also be dispelled lol.

1 Like

The cast time is 4 seconds and that reduces it by 5.5 seconds, so yeah it should be instant.

Blizzard can’t program their own game lol

Seems like in sl no hunter and lock will play the game or the strat will be steamrolling pets and then the guy is dead.

What a stupid change :confused:

New meta will be just have your pet “stay” in the middle of the map so when they try and kill it you can global them with Chaos bolts

HA jokes on you!!

Don’t see why they are doing this to pet classes. BM was already bad enough in pvp they want to make sure our pets don’t want to play the game either.

1 Like

Bring back cower but stronger (70% to 80% maybe?) and buff the hell out of mend pets overall healing but shorter duration so it can fall off if youre not paying attention to cleave or swaps imo.

I know people want pet rez lower or an instant cd but the warlock version fits better with the fantasy of disposable demon slaves.

IMO mechanically to differentiate from locks, Hunter pets should be Hard af to kill in comparison to lock pets if they’re using cower and mend/exhil, but harder to deal with if you don’t use the abilities properly and you let it die.

I do believe hunter should have the tools to keep the pet alive relatively well themselves in arena without it just being a massive mana sink if they focus it.

5 Likes

You should be punished when your pet dies, tired of pretending you shouldn’t. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are punished, you can’t use abilities. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Actually good teams makes it impossible to get a 2 second cast time off as is. Besides lowering damage and losing MS, we also lose the ability to use our stun, our freedom, and pet sac.

So yeah pet dying right now is already super dangerous. Against competent teams I have to use Turtle to get it back up. 4 second Rez is just overkill and a team will have to mess up extremely hard to let that pet come back out.

Is it weird I feel like BFA Hunters going into Shadowlands will be better at juking their pet rez than BFA Warlocks casting anything?

Sounds accurate. 0.7 second chaos bolts and fears, don’t even need to juke :joy:

2 Likes

They’re like mages. The casts they want to go off never get stopped and worst case scenario they can cast something else.

I was really hoping that mages lost RoF though. Or it was on the same school as Poly or their Dmg buttons.

Sure, lets bring back Totem Stomping too, because screw your core class mechanics.

Pets being killable is entirely fine but them being mindlessly cleaved or dying to a sneeze is broken.

3 Likes

I don’t think hunter/warlock pets should be totally equivalent. Warlock pets definitely die faster, and mend pet is strictly better than health funnel in their current iterations. I don’t think we should be asking for more homogenization either. How about letting you call the different pets from your stable in arena. That would give you options if a certain pet died, but you’d have to balance having several of the same pet in your stable with having multiple pets for different situations.

The problem imo is that even with AoE damage reduction built into pets, they can still die to cleave without being specifically targeted.