Pet claws before growling

Have other hunters noticed that their cat pet claws before growling?

I actually don’t know if this happens with other pets, or even if it’s intended, but I find it extremely annoying. My pet will run to the mob as the mob is running to me, claw the mob as it runs past, and then growl a second or two later. By that time, the mob is in my dead zone. I don’t remember this happening w/ my boar (which would make sense given that boars can’t claw).

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, is there a way to make sure my pet growls FIRST when autocast is turned on for both?

1 Like

noticed this too, was kind of annoyed as i couldn’t figure out what was causing it so i had to switch to manually controlling everything he does. would be nice if someone had a quick fix.

Im sure there is a macro you can set up to make him growl when sending him in to attack

1 Like

There were a lot of Hunter pet issues in beta and while they fixed a lot i of them I would report it via blizzards bug reporting tool.

It’s been a while but would expect growl to get priority.

Someone else was on here complainong of the same issue.

He did, but just to make sure,is growl is the first spell on your pets action bar?

Yes, and it’s annoying, and I’ve been waiting until Growl goes off until I unload, or using my Growl macro.

I might mess around with this, because I don’t want to have to deal with the macro all the time.

Bind growl (either through a macro or binding the pet bar slot it uses) and just spam it whenever you want it to Growl.

1 Like

i doesnt work even if you have it binded, the pet just use claw firts using all its energy. its annoying as hell, if you pull 2 mobs togheter you cant use growl in the second one because the pet kep using claw.

Sorry no chages, this is vanilla experience.