Pet Battling

I wanted to reach out and volunteer a concept about a phone app. I was curious on the idea of blizzard creating a “pet battle app”. This game mode was offered in WoW as bonus content and still holds to current game play. They have custom designed a variety of battle locations on the map such as Stormwind, West Fall, Orgrimmar, Icecrown, etc. They could custom create smaller free roam environments designed around the battle areas provided In World of Warcraft.
Players who play/bought Warlords of Draenor would get a small Garrison with allowed customization, default would be set as Gold Shire Stables. Further designe’s would be based off account levels, achievements with a few extra variables.
To Avoid disgruntled WoW veterans, specific pets would have to be earned in other blizzard games such as a few selected raiding pets, rare drops, achievement specific and so to encouragement for their products.
Pet levels would rise as new content releases, a battle pass could be incorporated to help encourage activity along with pet skins, emotes, special borders and icons (only available for the app).
PVP/PVE content would be avialible, as in WoW, there are a variety of pet trainers/battlers that players go to for xp and loot. Pet battling rewards would be used as curency in the app. Toys and treats would be openly used as character boosts and leveling up.
Free Roaming would allow the player to select a companion of their choice as their avatar to explore the map, bonus events such as sneaking threw cities, racing, loot chests. Ideally id like to include a concept where an arena such as the Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn Vale on a smaller scale every 3 hours with 10 competitors.

Just so you know, the powers that be don’t come to the CS forums for player feedback or suggestions. You’ll want to post in general Discussion or use the ingame suggestion tool.

1 Like

Actually, I’d recommend the Pet Battles subforum. You’ll get a lot of guff in GD from the peanut gallery who doesn’t think pet battles even belong in the game.

3 Likes

This has been suggested quite often. I think it’s a great idea. Maybe they could even find a way to incorporate it into the WoW Companion app (although that might limit it’s accessibility). Throw up a post over in the Pets forum and hopefully it gets some support.