Pet battles

I only have 3 pets at level 25, and i was kinda thinkinking of getting back into it or at least making a small selection of pets that can blow through the world quests so I can get that extra bit of rep, but I have no idea what to do or where to go. I downloaded this pet tracker add-on that tells me what types of pets are where in the overworld, as well as trainers, but I can’t make heads or tails about this polished pet charm stuff. Does anyone have any tips for me? I’m in outland right now fighting level 20 snakes to level up my cinder kitten.

1 Like

There are certain pets in which you want to level to 25 in order to make it easier to make it easier to win your pet battle World Quests. These include Anubisath Idol, Zandalari Ankle or kneebiter, Ikky, Iron Starlette and unborn Val’kyr.

If you get 60 pet charms, you will be able to buy the ultimate Battle training stone which instantly level a pet to lvl 25. You can acquire these from daily WQ pet battles or from the mission table. If you have alts, you can get them faster as pet charms are bind on account. There is another faster way to acquire the Ultimate Battle Training Stone if you have several alts. For each character you have, you can level up your garrison to level 3 and you will get a quest called “Enearthed Magic” from the Menagerie which will give you the stone as a reward.

Battle pet week is coming up so it will be the best time to level up pets you may have. You can battle a battle pet trainer Ashiel in Shadowmoon Valley in Draenor that is good for leveling pets. She has a pet called Doodle that does not attack in which you can just use a level 1 pet to defeat to gain massive amount of levels. You will still need to defeat her other two pets but they are fairly easy to beat. Just have to call out your leveling pet when she pulls out Doodle (2nd pet in her lineup). You can fight her once everyday. You can unlock daily fights with trainers in the world after fighting every pet trainer for each expansion zones.

I would also suggest that you get an addon called Rematch as it will make things a lot easier to doing WQ pet battles and fighting battle trainers. The addon will let you save your pet lineup that you used to defeat trainers or WQ so you don’t have to go through your all your pets to remember what you used to fighting.

1 Like

The old Pet Battle forum had some good stickies for getting started, you might ask in the new one if anyone has a link to that info.

warcraftpets.com and wow-petguide.com are two big resource sites. The first tells you everything about everything, the second has lots of strategies for trainers and other specific situations. Check the dates on things though and double-check strats, because pets get changed over time so what worked then may not work as well now.

I don’t know what the current preferred addons are, but I used “PetJournal Enhanced” to show more info on battle pets, particularly their breed (amount of power/health/speed), which is useful when buying pets from the AH. Sometimes you’ll want more than one of the same pet in order to make a battle strategy work, such as one with high Power and one with high Health or Speed.

If you happen to have a level 3 Draenor garrison, the Menagerie there can be useful too, and Hallow’s End should be coming up soon so you can get some ghost pets as “decoration” and something easily accessible for fighting (and the building’s NPC will heal your pets for free). The Pet Battle forum and those two sites can provide more info on how useful the garrison is these days, at the very least one of the daily trainers (Squirt) can help you power-level pets.

I’ve never done pet battles, but a quick you tube search for WoW pet battles BFA brought up tons of videos and video guides. You can find almost anything WoW related on you tube.

Aside from some of the resources listed, I also use Xu-Fu’s Strategy site:

You can look up individual trainers and world quests and see various strategies for them. (You can also look through to see which pets are popular for those battles to prioritize aquiring/leveling pets.) Just keep in mind that there are plenty of strategies that aren’t listed as well that will work, so don’t be afraid to experiment if you’re missing a listed pet. I’m missing several of the “popular” pets and haven’t had much issue finding substitutes. (Although I do have a decent variety to choose from at this point.)

I’m also going to second the recommendation for the Rematch addon. (I’ve paired it up with Battle Pet BreedID.)