Pet Battles nerfed into absolute oblivion

joke’s on them, I already have all the pets at level 25

but. yea. I think it’s kind of dumb that they nerf pets.

3 Likes

Pffft you mean like every stupid guide out there says to use the unborn Valkyr for every single fight in Mechagon?

why would anyone bother? just use pet charms and buy a lvl 25 stone.

by doing the ship missions for pet charms every time it’s up (on every toon you can), and maybe the pet charm world quest fights, you would have more than enough pet charms.

I agree that leveling a pet is a dumb slog that the game wouldn’t miss if it weren’t a thing anymore.

Now is a good time to farm up a ridiculous number of pet charms and turn them into level 25 stones in advance of Shadowlands. get ready for all the new pets to make max level as soon as you tame/buy them.

1 Like

It’s a little annoying they nerfed it but this seems like a common occurrence for each expansion. (To make some little changes) Not sure how much this will alter pet battles but will see.

The positive is they are keeping the currency Polished Pet Chams this time around. They got rid of the old currency with BFA launch. (Which we had for a long time.)

Ditto. Did it along time ago.

Or wait for Super Squirt days.

2 Likes

They’ve also said that SL is not going to introduce a new currency.

2 Likes

They’re a fun part of the game that is completely optional and doesn’t affect the power level or story or anything else about your character and for some reason fun was detected and nerfed.

4 Likes

Let’s face it. The combo of flock/Hunting Party/Black Claw/etc was way overused for many, if not most, of the Pet Battle WQ and some other encounters. It simply trivialized them.

I’m not surprised they are making this change, and I’m okay with it.

1 Like

world quests are supposed to be trivial

3 Likes

I am just stocking up on charms, rare stones, and leveling stones. I’ll use these to level up the new meta battle pets in Shadowlands and continue on with things.

1 Like

I just stone them for leveling. Almost instant leveling.

1 Like

Seems like boneshard + ikky will still be mostly effective against single target battles.

I haven’t leveled a pet in years. Just get the charms and buy the instant level.

I bet I got 300 or more to level 25 this expansion.

I’m a bit disappointed in the nerfs though. Oh well…people on Wowhead will figure it out and post up some strats.

The more I think about this…

Pet battles are just a failure. In a way, they are buried under the weight of the sheer number of pets and abilities.

Making these harder turns them into either an internet research game or a game of searching through a thousand pennies for the only three 1976 pennies in the bunch. And every time you pull a penny out to see if it’s a '76, you got to wait for the combat animation because this is the only turn based combat game without a skip animation option and an interface that lets you easily see what just happened.

It simultaneously encourages experimentation and trying to figure things out while punishing you for experimentation and trying things out with a cumbersome time consuming interface and timers and consumables for healing.

5 Likes

Lol, I had that quest in my log for about 5 years, just finished it a few days ago. Such a pain in the…

Got tired of my Rogue being nerf’d, changed to pets to have some fun in the game, and now you’re nerfing pets which have no affect on the game play or lineage of Warcraft? You guys need to hire smarter people. Oh, NVM, you don’t pay well enough for that…

Maybe they can start making battles that feel more balanced, rather than feeling like they were made to only be beatable by using the most powerful abilities.

I mean, I doubt that’s going to happen, but who knows, right?

I do not really see the point of nerfs other than pvp.

ROFLMAO that’s usually the -ONLY- reason any games get nerfed. 99% of the time they can’t even get the nerfs right, top of the dps chart to the very bottom.

“Lets apply a 30% nerf to their 5 main skills, that won’t do too much to the class!”

I actually liked that. Less to have to get for battles.