Pet Battles nerfed into absolute oblivion

They are nerfing your pets.

It really is. It makes 90% of bosses a non-issue.

2 Likes

They’re nerfing some player pet abilities (Black Claw, Hunting Party, Flock, a few others) so people don’t just use the same couple of pets for most pet battles.

But are they nerfing them due to their power or are they simply nerfing them to introduce new more op pets that we have to level. Close the power gap and introduce it again, maybe one of them can come from the store with token cash.

1 Like

you read my mind…

2 Likes

Previously-announced changes that are now testable in the Beta:

• Black Claw and other flat damage taken increasing abilities.

• Hunting Party, Flock, and other similar multi-round abilities.

• The Shattered Defenses debuff from abilities such as Hunting Party and Flock.

• Twilight Meteorite and other long-cooldown damage-splitting abilities.

• The Jar of Smelly Liquid ability.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-pet-battles-in-shadowlands/590828?u=nurfed-nazjatar

2 Likes

People farming rep too “quickly” :roll_eyes:

oh well pet battles were already something I almost never do and they never sell due to flippers and try hards on the AH so I’m just going to quickly remove it from my daily abilities when something relevant happens.

People still do pet battles?

2 Likes

It will have the opposite effect and that isn’t why they are doing it anyway.

2 Likes

nope, not a single person.

Some of those bosses need unborn / Ikky like output. Tananna comes to mind.

Without them it easily turns into some 10 minute healing attrition strat. And if you want to make pet battles less popular, more healing attrition is the way to go.

Buff rock paper scissors class bonuses?

4 Likes

Bugger. i screwed up the damn quoting system lel.

2 Likes

wouldve never found out if you didnt tell me.

who the hell does pet battles heh :wink:

1 Like

Who is that? Do you mean Tanaan?

Yup.

And In hindsight I like my spelling and pronunciation better. The “Na Na” signifies what an annoying and nagging place it is.

1 Like

So not nerfed into oblivion so much as just no longer easily cheesable.

joke’s on them, I already have all the pets at level 25

but. yea. I think it’s kind of dumb that they nerf pets.

3 Likes

Pffft you mean like every stupid guide out there says to use the unborn Valkyr for every single fight in Mechagon?

why would anyone bother? just use pet charms and buy a lvl 25 stone.

by doing the ship missions for pet charms every time it’s up (on every toon you can), and maybe the pet charm world quest fights, you would have more than enough pet charms.

I agree that leveling a pet is a dumb slog that the game wouldn’t miss if it weren’t a thing anymore.

Now is a good time to farm up a ridiculous number of pet charms and turn them into level 25 stones in advance of Shadowlands. get ready for all the new pets to make max level as soon as you tame/buy them.

1 Like

It’s a little annoying they nerfed it but this seems like a common occurrence for each expansion. (To make some little changes) Not sure how much this will alter pet battles but will see.

The positive is they are keeping the currency Polished Pet Chams this time around. They got rid of the old currency with BFA launch. (Which we had for a long time.)