Pet Battles are just way too hard

Whispering was one I always did with 2 carry pets and an Emerald Proto Whelp

Just keep Emerald Presence up, Use Emerald Dream when your health starts getting low and use Emerald bite as a filler.

A little time consuming, but pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Xu-Fu website is the Bible too Pet Battling for sure…

The Pandaria trainers were also so spread out that it was really just one and done for the quest. It is more cost effective to just buy the four spirits and four pandas off the AH.

For me, Pandaria (and Draenor) were my saving graces. There was a time when I was doing the Draenor Circuit and the Pandaria Circuit on the daily, just to level my pets. Draenor generally leveled 1 pet, and Pandaria was god for about 2.5 pets with just my Safari Hat and no treats.

What kills pet battling for me is Shadowlands. I simply cannot get past Bastion. If there is a quest that opens up the other zones and allows me to progress, I haven’t found it. I’ve tried dungeons, everything. I have covered all of Bastion, but I can’t unlock any other zone in Shadowlands.

Was a few years back that I started Shadowlands and don’t remember all the exact steps but it worked like DF, had to grind through all the storylines to open up WQs. If you’ve been working Bastion though, at some point should’ve hit the quest that sends you onto Maldraxxus. After that zone go onto Revendreth then Ardenweald and finally join a covenant. No dungeons needed.

Do you still have open quests in Bastion? It’s worth checking those out on Wowhead to see if any are part of the necessary storylines.

pet battles are suprisingly hard to be honest, is there a guide that teach how to progress correctly?

These guys are amazing. Look along the top bar for each expansion/event for setups for specific fights.

1 Like

there are a ton of guides for individual trainers.
As others have said: XUFu’s is one of the best.

Xu-Fu is the Battle Pet Bible to strategies for all the Pet battles in the game…

This thread kind of distresses me.

Someone comes here and basically opens with discouragement that Pet Battles are way too hard. We are a fringe community, but a strong one.

Why didn’t OP simply ask us for help?

The thought of people out there, getting discouraged, giving up on Pet Battling saddens me. Like, do they not know we exist? All I can say is, if you know anyone who’s doing Pet Battles and doesn’t know about us, refer them here.

If nothing else, we can certainly refer them to Xu-Fu.

I wouldn’t even have my tabard now if not for this community, especially Brawler. And that’s something Xu-Fu doesn’t help with.

All I can say is, if you know people who Pet Battle, talk us up. There’s simply no reason anyone should struggle with this alone.

2 Likes

a pro tip: get 3 Timeless Mechanical Dragonling, up to level 25. use the spells Flame Breath, Razor Talons, Decoy. now you have one of the best teams for battle pet questing and very cheaper.

the water pandaren spirit can be soloed by Anubisath Idol pet

I bought three when they were available with Time-Warped Badges. Are they still available?

130 pets in the grand scheme of pet battling is extremely limited. Maybe focus your attention on expanding your collection then you will find it so much easier. Good hunting!
Check out Warcraftpets . Com it will tell you where to collect every pet in the game.

1 Like

you are so right!!! when i run all over Wow world doing WQ Pet Battles, I constantly see our fringe community and it makes me happy. Blizz see the number of players who enjoy companion activities.

2 Likes

they are avail. once a year during Anniversary of wow celebration

you do not have WQ’s unlocked for SL except for Bastion?

No, they likely don’t. Relative to the actual population, the forums are a very small community. Anyone have an in at XuFu? Perhaps they could add a link from their page to here? :woman_shrugging: Most of the people I know wouldn’t come to the forums if it offered free pizza. This subforum is relatively safe, but the forums in general have a pretty bad reputation for toxicity.

We have a PvP Family Brawler section

waves DragonsAfterDark, here.

Mostly we link to our Discord, and from there people tend to find the WCP & Secret Finder’s Discords as well. A3 (Azeroth Adoption Agency) is another one where you can adopt pets you don’t have. Most people avoid the forums, especially in the EU, because they’re considered ‘dead’.

I think some of the frustration comes in the form of Wowhead. Its comment section isn’t a good avenue for pet battle information, because it doesn’t handle updates–especially ones YEARS after the fact-- very well. A lot of the top-voted stuff is old info or strats, and it just compounds the frustration.

2 Likes

That’s gotta work way more than forums for this sort of thing. Live feedback and all that. I need to join some of those.

1 Like