Pet Battle Rewards

Please make it so all Battle Pet Masters award current content awards and not items that are unable to still be used in game. Please award current pet tokens, stones or other current items.

3 Likes

I don’t pet battle but I’m always curious about ques for it. How long are they? is there a big community that PB’s?

Sorry but no, I still use the old tokens to buy pets and I doubt im the only one. I am not against other ways to earn more of the new currency however.

I am not aware of anything that can not be used, unless you mean the essences and order resources from legion which yeah that sucks as a reward.

3 Likes

They all do award items still able to be used in the game as far as I know. Did you have something in mind that can’t be used ?

1 Like

All current content pet battles reward current content rewards. The new polished pet charms aren’t hard to come across. Especially if you have any maximum level alts.

The legion essences are still useful for buying legion legendaries. Even if your toon doesn’t want them they can be posted to alts and they add to your transmog collection.

1 Like

Ahh excellent information, I had forgotten about that.

Unfortunately, the queues might take long sometimes. There are several battlegroups. Unlike on arena battlegroups, which are based on your current realm, the pvp pet battles battlegroups are based on which realm you created your first ever character.
The community should be big enough – you can tell that by the view count on some pet battle youtubers – but the battlegroup system kinda ruins it:
You get long queues and get to battle against the same team over and over sometimes.

1 Like

Source? o_O

What if that character doesn’t exist anymore and you have no characters on the server where it was originally created?

Acquiring Polished Pet Charms is not that difficult. The Shiny Pet Charms are still useful to buy the old pets. And some of the pet battles DO reward stones and the stones in the game ARE current.

MoP pet dailies have bags with a chance of a particular family upgrade to rare stone, bandages, and random other stuff (mostly vendor trash or single use toys). You can do the Beasts of Fable and pvp pet battles quest for +pet exp treats and maybe rarity stones (I can’t remember, been a while). These are current content rewards.

WoD dailies award shiny charms (or a single family specific 1 level upgrade stone) with a weekly for 10 single level increase not family specific stones. Some of that is worthwhile, but the shiny charms aren’t doing anything other than take up a bankslot for me.

Legion world quests are all over on rewards. Unless it is current expansion, the older the content the better the rewards. How’s that for logical?

some people in this thread are talking about Find Battle, the PvP feature
and some are talking about NPC pet battle ‘masters’, in BfA or older content

1 Like

I’m glad I saw this - I thought I’d missed something. I just took an L100 alt to a daily pet battle in Frostfire Ridge zone (left from a Horde outpost), only to find the reward is still “shiny” NOT “polished”. So, I’m going to “waste my time” to get useless reward item(s) and maybe some XP? IF the toon is in an older section (and not qualified (by level) to advance to the most recent content - WHY can’t he earn, and spend, shinys? Outpost vendor demands shiny, making daily zone pet battles all but useless (some XP and maybe an achievement).

Indeed, at least once that I can remember, Blizz “bought” all the old items and replaced them with new (usually a “boost” as I recall)

Funny you should mention “boost”.
The wish to sell boosts may be the answer to your question.