Personal Loot had bad luck protection while Group Loot does not

Even though I am heavily in support of PL > GL, PL could also have strings of awful luck.

If we really wanted to talk about BLP then we should talk about Bonus Rolls coming back to give more chances at loot in general.

1 Like

Citation? I don’t remember this whatsoever and seriously doubt it based on how many complaints there were (from myself included tbh) about going X bosses without seeing a loot drop

5 Likes

I havent had any loot drop for any of my characters in a raid since they put this system in place. IT SUX… PL had many issues, but GL wasnt the answer we needed.

4 Likes

I am their citation. It was said by a dev many months ago. No I am not digging that post up for you.

Questionable source, I am not clicking on it.

4 Likes

I tried to find this post and couldn’t, so it would be great if you could. What I did find was this post from the community council from June talking about why it’s important to have it with heavy implications it’s not currently in the game, making me even more skeptical that BLP was a part of PL.

2 Likes

I don’t remember hearing anything ever about bad luck protection in PL until GL came up then some people started claiming it was there.

I’m not even sure how it would work considering with PL a set amount of items drop from the boss based on the number of people, so if more people reached their BLP cap than the boss could drop loot due to raid size how would that work?

2 Likes

I’m using this thread to bring up BRING BACK VALOR/JUSTICE GEAR VENDORS!

That’s a form of bad luck protection.

5 Likes

Did they get rid of the option to do personal loot at all in premade group raids? If so, they should just give groups the option to pick one or the other

3 Likes

There couldn’t be a BLP system that guaranteed players would win an item after X bosses of getting nothing, but the likelihood could be adjusted to the point where it would become statistically probable you will within X bosses.

For instance, let’s say the loot system was modeled as a raffle. Every player starts with 1 ticket. When the boss dies, everyone’s raffle ticket is thrown into a hat and 5 are drawn to receive loot (assuming 25 players in the raid). If everyone has 1 ticket, everyone has the same 20% chance to be selected. The players who won go back to 1 ticket and those that didn’t each go to 2 tickets. On the next boss, 20 players have a 21.21% chance of being selected while the 5 winners from the first boss have a 11.11% chance. The system would discard the additional tickets a player has once they’re selected for loot so no player can get more than one item per boss kill.
Assuming players kept their ticket count from raid to raid, this would greatly reduce the likelihood of any one player going 10, 15, 20 bosses seeing nothing.

They did; all raids have group loot without any way to change. There are major concerns with having different loot generation systems which is why Blizzard realistically couldn’t allow the exact way PL worked being a choice with how GL works. It is possible to change the loot generation process to be the same for both distribution systems however, which would allow them to offer a choice. But that would create some oddities that players would likely be confused about.

1 Like

It is quite literally the exact same algorithm except now you need to click the roll
Button.

It still works out whats going to drop & works out who wins the roll.

It is the exact same thing in a different wrapper.

The only difference is you can pass on loot you don’t want or need.

Not my problem.

I really dont understand why they would go to group loot, it sucked when they did it before and personal loot was an upgrade. They definitely should have kept it for lfr

4 Likes

because the no lifers who are obsessed with trying to get what they think is best just won’t shutup so after 18 yrs were still switching how we loot its awesome.

1 Like

thats not how that works.

2 Likes

Bonus trolls were just more disappointment piled on. Always gold or ap.

Personal loot was just a better system. The only people crying about it are officers/gms who like their master loot club, and RWF players who will do well in any system.

3 Likes

But… ML is still gone?

Group Loot creates defacto master loot. You just use RC loot council and auto pass on everything, then the GM or loot officer distributes according to a master loot system.

Sure, you can say “Go find a guild that doesn’t have it” but literally every mythic guild is using this system or something similar. There are no real options, in practice. It’s stupid.

Oh, and for the record I already have my tier set. I am 100% benefitting from this. That doesn’t mean it’s a fair system.

3 Likes

this can be the most fair system.

1 Like