People that leave Mythic+ for no reason

Hi, we were doing a +11 HoA and we already missed the timer due to the druid tank pulling too big of mobs. After we get to the second to last boss I talked to an NPC I haven’t seen before and decided to talk to it and it spawned an extra prideful. I understand we had to kill ONE more, but we already missed the timer… Because of this the tank disbanded the group and said “none of you deserve loot from a mythic 11”… Yet the tank is the reason we didn’t even make the timer. Unreal. I believe this needs to be addressed as not only it wasn’t their key being downgraded, they receive no negative penalties for screwing someone else over. Blizzard please implement a penalty for people disbanding groups.

He dint leave the key for no reason that.

Making your entire threads point not true.

He left the run as you dint make the timmer and as such dint want the group to get loot. This is completely in his right. If you don’t want people to have the right to leave make that a condition when making the group via people you know and set your own punishment for doing so to enforce it. Eg invite guildys and gkick if they leave.

You are the one making the groups and it is up to you to give people reason to stay this means norm timing the key. If you make a group not able to time it people will leave as it’s not worth.

Dosent matter if he was the reason time was missed in your eyes. In his eyes your team might of made a redic amount of mess ups and be just as much the reason.

In the end what matters is YOU made a group that the people did not have a vested interest in staying and as such they dint. The issue here is that lack of vested interest. The best way to do that is not pug and when you do pug people that can do the run while making sure everyone’s on the same page pre the run. Any time pugging thou this will not be 100 percent and never will be. This is the risk of pugging.

Blizzard should not enforce rules on people leaving it is there right to leave. YOU are the one making the group and are the one responsible to picking people that won’t leave and giving them reason to stay not blizzard. Blizzard gives punishments for leaving rfd since they made those groups key difference.

Also remove the tanks name am reporting your thread as shaming is not allowed by the rules. It’s funny you complain about people doing something you want to be not allowed but you yourself don’t bother to read and follow the rules first, great example.

Whilst you may be correct about the fact that Blizzard shouldn’t punish people for choosing to leave within the rules, the first bit you said I feel is not correct.

“He left the run as you dint make the timmer and as such dint want the group to get loot. This is completely in his right.”

The person who made the mistake that cost them the timer, is intentionally griefing the people doing the run, whilst also insulting them. “None of you deserve loot” and proceeding to make it impossible for them to get loot. This is behaviour that doesn’t help the game or the community in any way.

However, to OP and in response to what Amordrone said, unfortunately you cannot punish people for leaving a dungeon, especially one that has already failed the timer. In the new mythic + system that Blizzard has designed, loot is very limited and therefore an untimed run is very low chance on loot and especially early on, if they are not showing the ability to do the run, you may not even think you will get any outside of the time.

Whilst it feels bad that the guy made a comment that showed he was intentionally leaving to deny you loot (rather than honestly not believing it could be done/worth the time), it comes down to a poorly designed loot system despite knowing how some of the community can be.

Loot feels terrible right now and honestly, with the fact I seem to be getting no loot from timed runs, it feels more understandable for people to leave runs that don’t seem like they will time it easily than it used to in the past. (I don’t leave, nor am I saying its right, simply that you can understand why.)

Hope you have better runs in the future.

1 Like

What needs to be addressed about this? You invited a stranger to your run and you got burned. We’ve all been there… but this isn’t a Blizzard issue, it’s a social issue. Nothing is going to happen to leavers as long as you have the freedom to pick and choose who joins your group. It’s your responsibility… not anyone else’s.

I would suggest removing the player name as you can be actioned for naming+shaming on the forums even if they are 100% guilty.

That is true but not in the regards to this thread.

Leaving the key was completly within his right and not something that should be changed or even addressed. This is what the thread is about and what is being addressed.

You are addressing a completely different matter than what is being talked about in this thread, grieifing if we where talking about that the answer is quite different. Greifing is already a reportable offense and should be reported. Leaving a key is NOT greifing.

While yes his comment of “none of you deserve loot” + his actions may be seen as greifing but without the whole story you can not make that conclusion as we do not know the OP or the rest of the groups actions as such the statement that his behavior doesn’t help the community or that he should be actioned cant be made. As that behavior and statement is quite expected and healthy depending on the actions of the rest of the group. For all we know before he did that the op was calling the person in question a idiot that messed up his key and he should go die in a ditch. Without the whole story statements of punishment or if his actions was greifing/unhealthy for the community cant and should not be made.

This is why greifing is a reportable offence and should be reported and left to blizzard that dose have the whole story.

Messing up the timer is not greifing. That is a mistake and part of the game. His comments may be but only based on the action of the rest of the group, and the full context they where used. We have no indication by the OP that he was insulting the group. Saying the rest of the team dose not deserve loot from a mythic 11, is NOT a insult. It is a statement of his views. That is not greifing without further context. While his further actions may be without the full story you cant make the statement that it was or even close to greifing. Now if he pulled a ton and bubble hearthed after leaving that can be called greifing as was no reason to do so as such showing hostile intent, even than thou can’t be called greifing without knowing the whole story.

The problem I have with this Druid tank is that we wiped because of his inability to know mechanics. We missed the timer already by the time we got to the first boss. We all decided to stick it out for the loot at the end. So for another 30minutes we are doing fine and making it through. Then all of a sudden he decides to leave because of the one add. Unreal. Then we go back and forward messaging and all he’s saying is rude comments and how he left intentionally so nobody could get loot. I’m just flabbergasted there are people like this.

And sure I normally do have a group of friends to play with, but there will be times a pug group is going to happen. Regardless if it’s a pug group or not, there should be something implemented in my opinion for people till just leaving during an invested mythic. It would at least give incentive to stay and finish the damn thing.

Nothing you said there is something that matters to this thread or to the fourms.

Rude comments and so fourth is greifing but as you have not given the whole story we can’t make that call and you shaming him in the op makes the only person we can say is breaking the rules is you as that is the only person we got enough info to say that.

If you had a issue with his comments than you would be reported to blizzard via the ticket system where your actions as well as his would be looked into. You would not be here. You comming here to shame him is showing you are the issue. As you are here breaking a rather clearly written rule of no shaming and no call out threads.

Him failing the key is not a issue at all it is completely fine for a player to learn and fail. You having a issue with that means nothing at all you invited his and that’s your problem. You should invite better players if you don’t want them to mess up this includes using better ways to vet players on your end.

Him leaving after agreeing to stay also means nothing. It is his right to change that statment at any time for any reason. It is you the group makers job to give reason for him not to with pugs this is hard to do and best done via making groups that can time. He did nothing wrong by leaving.

There should NOT be anything to prevent leavers people leaving is not a issue that is there right. People should not be traped in groups as that only leads to a far more toxic game. Someone leaving means they left and there gone. You forcing them to stay only means they spend that time not doing the key and afk till there allowed to leave or worse agrueing and making a toxic environment. Forcing people to stay in keys is unhealthy for the game and players as a whole.

No forcing them to stay is not giving them an insentive to stay that is forcing them to stay.

The correct fix as already been talked about a number of times on the fourm is to give people reasons to stay not force them to stay.

This means on your end the group leader using friends or guildys that they get value from the one item no matter who gets giving a reason to finish. While on blizzards end giving something like a badge at the end to collect that earns something that is the same amount on time or not. This badge than is used for cosmetics or in some peoples view loot. I disagree about loot but being something that adds up to being able to buy mounts from past seasons or other cosmetics goes a long way to giving people reasons to stay. While still allowing them to leave toxic groups.

Leavers should not be stoped or punished in any way shape or fourm. Only should reasons be given to make people not want to leave but if they ever feel it’s time to leave they should without any loss other than the fact of not finishing the run.

All your suggestion of forcing them to stay dose is make for a more toxic and unhealthy game. While when making your suggestion making yourself look bad by shaming and breaking the rules yourself. Someone that is breaking a more important rule, that is there is stop vary toxic threads and agruements should not be suggesting rule changes. Esp ones that only make the community more toxic not less.

Would’ve loved to hear the tank’s story. It’s like hearing about a car accident claim. One accident, two COMPLETELY different stories :rofl:

It’s 2021 online gaming, hardly strange behaviour, almost normal comparatively. It’s a pug, happens every minute. Next.

Nobody has the time to read your essay dude.

obv you do when you take the time to necro a thread that has been dead for 12 days.

straight up the lamest mindset of all time. you try to justify this egocentric bs reason for someone’s “right” to leave. well no duh buddy they have a right to leave, but it doesn’t make them any less disrespectful to the person who holds the key and invited them to the run. just like you get “deserter” for battlegrounds you should get some sort of punishment for someone who took a chance on you.

really exhausted from all this “if you pug it’s gonna happen” mentality. a weak and exhausting perspective that does nothing but shield abhorrent behaviors that should, in my opinion, be punished in some fashion or another.